This Board advises and makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners and Affordable Housing Services on issues affecting affordable housing development, to assist the County in developing new programs and policies which foster the development and preservation of affordable housing, and to evaluate the County's established policies, procedures, ordinances and land development regulations for their impact on affordable housing.
The Board shall approve the County's affordable housing priorities and Local Affordable Housing Biennial Plan and provide advice to the Board of County Commissioners on proposed affordable housing projects.
There are 11 voting members, appointed by the Board of County Commissioners, consisting of at least one representative from each of the following categories:
- One member of the Board of County Commissioners
- One elected official from the City of Temple Terrace
- One elected official from the City of Plant City
- One elected official from the City of Tampa
- One Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART) Board member
- One citizen actively engage in the residential home building industry in connection with affordable housing (F.S. 420.9076(2)(a))
- One member of the Housing Finance Authority of Hillsborough County, Florida, or a citizen actively engaged in the banking or mortgage banking industry in connection with affordable housing (F.S. 420.9076(2)(b))
- One citizen who is actively engaged as an advocate for low income persons in connection with affordable housing (F.S. 420.9076(2)(d))
- One citizen who is actively engaged as a not-for-profit provider of affordable housing (F.S. 420-9076(2)(f))
- One at-large resident of Hillsborough County (F.S. 420-9076(2)(i))
- One voting member of the Hillsborough County City-County Planning Commission (F.S. 420-9076(2)(h))
Members shall serve three year terms.
BOCC Resolution R19-118, adopted September 18, 2019, amending Resolutions R17-061, R07-052, R08-039, and R12-088 modifying membership. F.S. Section 420.9076, (2019), Chapter 67.37, FL Administrative Code.
Monthly, 2nd Monday, 9 to 11 AM
County Center, 26th Floor
601 E. Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33602
The existing Affordable Housing Advisory Board members who serve in a voting capacity, with unexpired terms and whose seats were eliminated with the adoption of Resolution R19-118 may, at their option, serve in a non-voting capacity for the remainder of their respective terms.
|Member||Position/Appointed By||Dates of Service|
|The Honorable Meredith Abel
||#2 - Elected Official / City of Temple Terrace||01/21/2021 -
|Ms. Connie Burton
||#10 - At-Large Resident of Hillsborough County||02/06/2019 -
|Ms. Sarah Combs||#9 - Citizen Actively Engaged as Not-for-profit Provider of Affordable Housing||11/06/2019 -
|The Honorable Orlando Gudes
||#4 - Elected Official / City of Tampa||05/09/2019-
|Mr. David Hollis||#7 - Housing Finance Authority Member or Citizen Actively Engaged in Banking or Mortgage Banking Industry in Connection with Affordable Housing||11/06/2019-
|Mr. Tyler Hudson||#5 - Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART) Member||12/02/2020-
|Ms. Karen Jackson-Sims||#8 - Citizen who is actively engaged as an advocate for low income persons in connection with affordable housing||09/16/2020-
|The Honorable Rick Lott||#3 - Elected Official / City of Plant City||11/06/2019-
|Ms. Mary Nieves||Non-Voting Member||10/01/2018 -
|Ms. Katherine O'Donniley||Non-Voting Member||05/16/2018 -
|The Honorable Kimberly Overman
||#1 - Board of County Commissioners||11/20/2018-
|Mr. Cody Powell||#11 - Hillsborough County City-County Planning Commission
|Mr. Marc Rosenwasser
||#6 - Citizen Actively Engaged in the Residential Home Building Industry in Connection with Affordable Housing||02/04/2015-
|Ms. Elizabeth Strom||Non-Voting Member||10/01/2018 -