This Committee was created to provide advice and recommendations to curb and eliminate all forms of bullying throughout Hillsborough County, Florida.
The Hillsborough County Anti-Bullying Advisory Committee is currently accepting nominations for the 2020 Annual Anti-Bullying Recognition Award.
Youth or groups of youth (up to age 19) can be nominated for recognition of their outstanding efforts to further eliminate all forms of bullying affecting young people in the community.
Each recipient will be recognized for their actions and accomplishments demonstrating significant activist and/or advocacy efforts on behalf of the community to address bullying or cyberbullying here in Hillsborough County.
Deadline for nomination: June 1, 2020
Online Nomination Form
Documents and useful links
- Cyber Bullying Know the Facts (English)
- Cyber Bullying Know the Facts (Espanol)
- Cyber Bullying Facts and Resources for Parents (English)
- Cyber Bullying Facts and Resources for Parents (Espanol)
- Submit a tip via Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office TIP411
- Submit a tip via Crimestoppers
- Bully Free Communities - Facebook
- 2017 Anti-Bullying Advisory Committee Narrative
The membership of this Committee shall be appointed by the BOCC and shall be comprised of 13 members. Composition is specified as follows:
Seven members will represent the following governing bodies:
- City of Tampa Police Department, designated by the Chief
- Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Department, designated by the Sheriff
- Florida Department of Children and Families, designated by Regional Director
- Hillsborough County School Board
- Hillsborough County Children’s Services Department psychologist or mental health counselor, designated by the Director
- University of South Florida College of Education or the Louis de la Parte Mental Health Institute, designated by President of USF
- Department of Juvenile Justice Hillsborough County Neighborhood Accountability Board in the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, designated by Director of Court Programs
Six members shall represent the following categories:
- 2 - Child welfare advocacy organization such as Guardian Ad Litem, Parent Teacher Association, Parent Teacher Organization, Boys and Girls Club, Joshua House, YMCA, YWCA, or other such organizations
- Private sponsor(s) selected to participate with the County in the Anti-Bullying initiative
- An organization who works directly with troubled youth such as those with emotional or mental handicaps
- 2 - Members at-large
Members shall serve three year terms; initially staggered. Governing body representatives shall serve at the pleasure of the appointing body or person.
Subject to F.S. 286.011, also known as the Sunshine Law.
Appointment to this Committee is contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
BOCC Resolution No. R09-100, adopted August 5, 2009.
Every other month, 4th Thursday, 10 AM
Florida Department of Children and Families
Suncoast Region Office
9393 N. Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33612
County Center, 24th Floor
601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602
Phone: (813) 276-2033
|Member||Position||Dates of Service|
|Ms. Clara Albano||Florida Department of Children and Families|
|Mr. Thomas Avino||Private Sponsor Participating in the Anti-Bullying Initiative||02/21/2018 -
|Ms. Wanda Dunmore
||BOCC - Representative from an organization that works directly with troubled youth||11/06/2019-
|Mr. Keith Fakhoury
||BOCC - Child Welfare Advocacy Organization||11/06/2019-
||BOCC - At-Large Member||10/17/2018 -
|Mr. Julio Granda
||BOCC - At-Large Member||07/17/2019-
|Corporal Danone Lindsey||City of Tampa Police Department|
|Ms. Monica Martinez
||Department of Juvenile Justice - 13th Judicial Circuit|
|Dr. Tom Massey||University of South Florida|
|Dr. Kim Moore
||HC Public Schools
|Mr. Jennifer Shiver
||BOCC - Child Welfare Advocacy Organization||07/17/2019-
|Corporal Irazema Viera-Roquemore||Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department|
|Ms. Jeannie Willsie
||Hillsborough County Children's Services Department Representative|