This Committee was created to provide advice and recommendations to curb and eliminate all forms of bullying throughout Hillsborough County, Florida.
Documents and useful links
- Cyber Bullying Know the Facts (English)
- Cyber Bullying Know the Facts (Espanol)
- Cyber Bullying Facts and Resources for Parents (English)
- Cyber Bullying Facts and Resources for Parents (Espanol)
- Submit a tip via Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office TIP411
- Submit a tip via Crimestoppers
- Report a Bully in the School District
The membership of this Committee shall be appointed by the BOCC and shall be comprised of 13 members. Composition is specified as follows:
Seven members will represent the following governing bodies:
- City of Tampa Police Department, designated by the Chief
- Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Department, designated by the Sheriff
- Florida Department of Children and Families, designated by Regional Director
- Hillsborough County School Board
- Hillsborough County Children’s Services Department psychologist or mental health counselor, designated by the Director
- University of South Florida College of Education or the Louis de la Parte Mental Health Institute, designated by President of USF
- Department of Juvenile Justice Hillsborough County Neighborhood Accountability Board in the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, designated by Director of Court Programs
Six members shall represent the following categories:
- 2 - Child welfare advocacy organization such as Guardian Ad Litem, Parent Teacher Association, Parent Teacher Organization, Boys and Girls Club, Joshua House, YMCA, YWCA, or other such organizations
- Private sponsor(s) selected to participate with the County in the Anti-Bullying initiative
- An organization who works directly with troubled youth such as those with emotional or mental handicaps
- 2 - Members at-large
Members shall serve three year terms; initially staggered. Governing body representatives shall serve at the pleasure of the appointing body or person.
Subject to F.S. 286.011, also known as the Sunshine Law.
Appointment to this Committee is contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
BOCC Resolution No. R09-100, adopted August 5, 2009.
Every other month, 4th Thursday, 10 AM
Location to be determined.
County Center, 24th Floor
601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602
Phone: (813) 276-2033
|Member||Position||Dates of Service|
|Ms. Kasondra Arone-Miller||BOCC - Child Welfare Advocacy Organization||09/08/2022 -
|Ms. Laura Byrne||BOCC - Private Sponsor Participating in the Anti-Bullying
|Ms. Wanda Dunmore||BOCC - Representative from an organization
that works directly with troubled youth
|Ms. Rhonda Flowers||BOCC - At-Large Member
|Mr. Julio Granda, Jr.||BOCC - At-Large Member
|Dr. Lauren Huff|| BOCC - Child Welfare Advocacy Organization
|Mr. Joshua Kristol||Hillsborough County Public Schools
|Corporal Gerald Lovett||City of Tampa Police Department
|Dr. Tom Massey||University of South Florida
|Sergeant Watts Sanderson||Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office
|Ms. Angie Smith||Department of Juvenile Justice - 13th Judicial Circuit
|Ms. Jeannie Willsie||Hillsborough County Children's Services
|Ms. Mechell Young-Williams||Florida Department of Children and Families