Membership:The membership of this Council shall be appointed by the BOCC and shall be comprised of 15 members. Composition is specified as follows:
Hillsborough County Commissioners - one member each
Agency Representatives - four members as follows:
- Senior Connection Center, Inc.
- Florida Department of Children and Families
- Shall be a Provider of services to older adults
- A University or College of Gerontology, Aging Studies, or related field of study
Community Representative - four members as follows:
- Recipient of services for older adults
- Member of the faith based community
- Shall have significant experience in elder law matters
Members shall serve staggered terms as follows:
- BOCC Representatives - two year terms
- Agency Representatives - three year terms
- Community Representative - three year terms
After three terms, a member may not be reappointed.
Appointment to this Council is contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
- BOCC Resolution R10-132, passed and adopted 9/22/2010.
- By-laws amended and adopted 7/8/2014
Quarterly, 2nd Tuesday, time to be determined.
Department of Aging Services
3191 Clay Mangum Lane
Tampa, FL 33618
Phone: (813) 272-6956
|Member||Position||Dates of Service|
|Ms. Debbie Caneen||Commissioner Mariella Smith / BOCC||03/14/2022 -
|Ms. Robin Ingles||Commissioner Harry Cohen / BOCC||03/14/2022 -
|Mr. Jared Jones||Commissioner Ken Hagan / BOCC||11/22/2019 -
|Dr. Julie Lewerenz||Commissioner Pat Kemp/ BOCC||09/25/2018 -
|Commissioner Kimberly Overman / BOCC|
|Ms. Alexis Nguyen||Commissioner Gwen Myers / BOCC||02/10/2021 -
|Commissioner Stacy White / BOCC|
|Provider of Services for Older Adults/Agency Representative|
|Department of Children and Families Representative / Agency Representative|
|Ms. Charlotte McHenry||Senior Connection Center, Inc. / Agency Representative||01/12/2022 -
|University or College of Gerontology, Aging Studies, or related Field of Study / Agency Representative|
|Mr. William Lucius||Caregiver/Community Representative||10/03/2018 -
|Ms. Morgan Vasigh||Experience in Elder Law Matters / Community Representative||10/16/2019 -
|Recipient of services for older adults/ Community Representative|
|Ms. Mary Dilworth
||Faith based community/Community Representative||06/02/2022 -