The purpose of this Commission is to provide guidance in the administration of the Cultural Assets Program, to serve as a vetting body to consider merits of proposals, to provide recommendations as to periodic funding and grant awards consistent with solicitation processes, and to provide further advice regarding enhancements to the Program to meet the primary objectives set forth by the Board of County Commissioners.
The membership of this Commission shall be appointed by the BOCC and shall be comprised of 11 members. Composition is specified as follows:
- County Commissioner, designated by the BOCC Chairman;
- Mayor of the City of Tampa, or designee;
- Mayor of the City of Temple Terrace, or designee;
- Mayor of the City of Plant City, or designee;
- 3 representatives of a community-based philanthropic organization and/or private foundation
- 4 representatives possessing one or more of the following skill sets:
- cultural-based organizations and program delivery, event production, corporate giving, natural and recreational assets, fine arts, local history, creative industries, culinary assets, place-making, tourism, marketing, and economic development.
Members shall serve three year terms. Three consecutive unexcused absences from Commission meetings shall constitute a cause for a member to be removed from the Commission, which removal shall be approved by a majority vote of the remaining Commission members.
Ordinance 18-12, adopted March 21, 2018, by the BOCC.
Quarterly; Date, time, and location to be determined.
Director, Economic Development Department
601 E. Kennedy Blvd, 20th Floor
Tampa, FL 33602