The membership of this Council shall be comprised of seven members and one voting, ex-officio (County Historian) appointed as follows:
- Hillsborough County Commissioners - 4 members
- City of Tampa - 1 member
- City of Plant City - 1 member
- City of Temple Terrace - 1 member
- The County Historian is appointed by the BOCC after receiving nominations and recommendations from the Historical Advisory Council
- The BOCC or Council may appoint other ex-officio members, as appropriate or necessary, who shall be non-voting members
Members shall serve three year terms.
No member shall serve for more than two full consecutive terms. More than one half of a term is deemed to be service for a full term. A member who has served two full consecutive terms shall be eligible for reappointment after at least three years of non-membership.
Authority:Hillsborough County Ordinance 96-23.
Special Requirements:All members shall possess expertise in significant and relevant historical matters. In making appointments, due consideration shall be given to achieving a demographic balance among the appointed.
Meetings:Quarterly, 4:30 PM
27th Floor, County Center
601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602
Robert Campbell, Manager
601 E. Kennedy Blvd., 22nd Floor
Tampa, FL 33602
Phone: (813) 272-5170
|Member||Position/Appointed By||Dates of Service|
|Ms. Tre Esa Battles||BOCC||04/07/2021-
|Ms. Lynn Dingfelder||BOCC||08/15/2018-
|Mr. Andrew Huse||BOCC||
|Ms. Alison Smith||BOCC||05/16/2018-
|Mr. Dennis Fernandez||City of Tampa||12/01/2020-
|Ms. Marisa Robinson
||City of Temple Terrace||11/17/2020-
|Mr. Ludo Van Den Bogaert||City of Plant City||12/01/2016-
|Mr. Rodney Kite-Powell
||Ex-Officio / BOCC / County Historian
|Ms. Shirley Foxx-Knowles||Ex-Officio / Non-Voting Member|
|Ms. Jennifer Dietz||Ex-Officio / Non-Voting Member|