The Hillsborough County City-County Planning Commission is an independent consolidated planning agency, lead by appointed citizens, which serves all the citizens of Hillsborough County by providing a vision for improving the quality of life. The Planning Commission and its staff serve as agents within the community to promote and coordinate the involvement of all people in comprehensive long-range planning, growth management, transportation, and environmental protection. The Planning Commission makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners, Tampa City Council, Plant City Commission, and Temple Terrace City Council regarding land use, community planning, capital improvements, urban design, and other comprehensive issues.
- The membership of this Commission shall be appointed as follows:
- Hillsborough County Commissioners - 4 members
- City of Tampa - 4 members
- City of Temple Terrace - 1 member
- City of Plant City - 1 member
- Ex-Officio - 2 members
Members shall serve four year terms.
- Annual financial disclosure required.
- Unincorporated residency required.
- Members appointed to this board will be required to take an Oath of Office and sign a Standards of Conduct.
Chapter 97-351, Laws of Florida.
Monthly, 2nd Monday, 2 PM
County Center, 18th Floor
601 E. Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33602
Sharon Snyder, Executive Assistant
601 E. Kennedy Blvd., 18th floor
Tampa, FL 33602
Phone: (813) 565-9316
- Planning Commission Website
- Planning Commission Calendar
- Hillsborough County Plan Amendments
- Contact The Planning Commission
|Member||Position||Dates of Service|
|Ms. Vivienne Handy
||Board of County Commissioners||02/03/2021 -
|Mr. Nigel Joseph||Board of County Commissioners||10/21/2015 -
|Mr. Jess Louk||Board of County Commissioners||09/22/2021 -
|Mr. Cody Powell||Board of County Commissioners||10/03/2018 -
|Mr. Matthew Buzza||City of Plant City||10/01/2021 -
|Mr. Steven Bernstein||City of Tampa|
|Ms. Giovanny Cardenas
||City of Tampa|
|Ms. Karen Kress||City of Tampa||10/01/2017 -
|Mr. Hemant K. Saria||City of Tampa||05/19/2017 -
|Mr. Steven Fernandez||City of Temple Terrace||01/04/2022 -
|Ms. Michelle Orton||Ex-Officio Member / School District|
|Mr. Tony Rodriguez||Ex-Officio Member / MacDill AFB|