The membership of this Committee shall be appointed by the BOCC and shall be comprised of seven members. Composition is specified as follows:
- 1 member from the Arts Council of Tampa / Hillsborough County
- 1 member from the Board of Trustees, of the Tampa Museum of Art, Inc. or one member designated by USF, School of Art History with experience in the visual arts.
- 1 member from Board of County Commissioners or their designee
- 3 members who are private citizens of Hillsborough County with demonstrated knowledge and appreciation for visual art
- 1 member who is an architect, planner, landscape architect, or developer in Hillsborough County.
As the need arises, the Committee may appoint ex-officio members to provide expertise or otherwise represent a particular interest unique to a location or characteristic of a work of art
Terms:Members shall serve three year terms. No member shall serve for more than two full three year terms.
Authority:Hillsborough County Public Art Ordinance 10-1 repealing Ordinance 88-31, 89-32, and 94-3 adopted January 6, 2010.
Special requirements:One member who is a private citizen must reside in the unincorporated area of Hillsborough County.
23rd Floor, County Center
601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602
Amy E. Jarman, RA, LEED AP
Architect, Public Art Coordinator
Capital Programs Department
601 E. Kennedy Blvd., 23rd floor
Tampa, FL 33602
Phone: (813) 307-1053
|Member||Position/Appointed By||Dates of Service|
|Ms. Margaret Baskette||Private Citizen||06/05/2019 -
|Ms. Sarah Kieny||Private Citizen - resides in the City of Tampa
|Mr. Jason Lazarus
||USF - School of Art & Art History, College of the Arts||02/16/2022 -
|Mr. James Steele
||Architect, Planner, Landscape Architect, or Developer in HC||09/16/2020 -
|Ms. Georgia Vahue||Arts Council of Hillsborough County Representative||10/18/2017 -
|Mr. David Valdez||Private Citizen - resides in Unincorporated HC, demonstrated knowledge and appreciation for visual art/BOCC designee||11/01/2020 -
|Ms. Jennifer Wells China||Private Citizen - resides in Unincorporated HC||10/03/2018 -