This web page relates to the Special Dependent District Budget Process. The Budget Preparation Guide and all the forms needed to submit a complete budget package can be viewed and downloaded. Any member of the public can review or download these files.
The complete FY 24 Budget Package is due to the Hillsborough County Management and Budget Department by close of business Monday, July 10, 2023.
Districts are also reminded that State law requires the posting of their proposed budgets on the district or County’s website.
Instructions and Forms for Budget Process for Dependent Districts
A complete Budget Package consists of the following documents. Those forms that are in blue bold print can be downloaded. Be sure to save downloaded forms to a computer. Once the forms are completed, save your work and print out the forms for submission to the County.
- Cover page - This is in Adobe Acrobat format
- FY24 Budget and Estimating Fund Balance Forms
- The Budget Form is in the tab labeled "Budget Form" and the Estimating Fund Balance Form is in the tab labeled "Fund Balance". It is an Excel file.
- Capital Outlay Information Form
- Budget Resolution
- Minutes of the Budget Public Hearing
- Actual advertisement from newspaper or, if a legal advertisement, a copy of the publisher's affidavit
- Budget Completion Check List Form - Use this form to check for internal consistency in your budget documents
Tax Information and Contacts
The Tax Collector has a booklet called the Special District Program Informational Booklet outlining the policies and procedures pertaining preparing the tax roll. It is found under the "Important Information" section, Non-Ad Valorem Special Districts category.
For further questions relating to the tax roll, collection and distribution of assessment revenue, contact Ashley Conaway, Tax & License Supervisor, Hillsborough County Tax Collector's Office, (813) 635-5210 option 1, ext. 5448,