Hillsborough County Public Utilities will be installing approximately 3,800 feet of 8-inch water pipeline along Hanna Road to connect the Calm Harbor community with the Northwest Potable Water System. The project will also replace 750 feet of pipeline within the community and provide fire protection.
Purpose of Project
The purpose of this project is to connect Calm Harbor Community with Hillsborough County Northwest Potable Water System.
Two wells service the small community water system and supplies water to the Calm Harbor Community of 28 homes. One of the wells is no longer in operation and needs to sealed and abandoned. If any issues arise with the current controller or pump, the only operational well would need to be taken offline leaving the community without water.
What to Expect During Construction
- Construction will take place on weekdays between 7:30 AM and 5 PM
- The work will involve heavy equipment and excavation, and will generate normal construction noise
- Access to businesses will be maintained throughout construction
- In some areas, traffic lane closures may be necessary. For the safety of the workers, pedestrians and other motorists, please observe all traffic control measures
- Most construction will be in the right-of-way; however, at times it may be necessary to work on private property with prior approval
- All areas affected by construction will be restored to pre-construction or better condition
- Excavation work can sometimes cause an accidental water pipeline break or similar problem
- Should any water service interruption occur, instructions for a precautionary boil water notice will be issued with a door hanger
Cost & Funding
The estimated cost of this project is approximately $670,000 and is been funded through Hillsborough County’s Water Enterprise’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
- Surveyors conduct Utility Survey in the project neighborhood - April/May 2018
- Project construction - expected to begin in April 2019
- Customer Service Support - (813) 272-5275
- Project Manager – Samantha Flores, Hillsborough County Public Utilities - Office (813) 209-3054, Cell (813) 459-9617
- Engineering Design Firm - Hillsborough County - (813) 272-5977
- After Hours Emergencies – Hillsborough County Public Utilities - (813) 744-5600