Hillsborough County Public Utilities will be installing approximately 632 feet of 6-inch water pipeline on Cherrywood Avenue, 1,001 feet of 6-inch water pipeline on Lake Magdalene Circle, and 195 feet of 2-inch water pipeline on Kaye Drive. The project will provide a connection between Cherrywood Avenue and Rome Avenue, and water pipelines within the Lake Magdalene community to improve water quality and distribution.
Purpose of Project
The project is part of the Countywide Potable Water Main Extension Program, a long-term program implemented by Hillsborough County Public Utilities to improve water connection access in areas that do not currently have potable water, but are immediately adjacent to our distribution system.
The new pipelines will provide an opportunity for residents who are currently served drinking water from wells to connect to the County’s utility system if they choose.
What to Expect During Construction
- Construction activities will occur on weekdays between 7 AM and 5 PM
- The work will involve heavy equipment and excavation, and will generate normal construction noise
- Access to businesses and houses will be maintained throughout construction
- In some areas, traffic lane closures may be necessary. For the safety of the workers, pedestrians and other motorists, please observe all traffic control measures
- Most construction will be in the right-of-way; however, at times it may be necessary to work on private property with prior approval
- All areas affected by the construction will be restored to pre-construction or better condition
- Excavation work can sometimes cause an accidental water pipeline break or similar utility problem (cable, phone)
- If any service interruption occurs, please use the emergency contact number listed for that service provider
Cost & Funding
The estimated cost of this project is $300,000 and is being funded through the Hillsborough County’s Water Enterprise’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
- Construction expected to begin: August 2018
- Construction expected to complete: Within 120 days from start
- Customer Service Support: (813) 272-5275
- Project Manager – Jason P Parrillo, P.E., Hillsborough County Public Utilities, Office: (813) 964-2788, Cell: (813) 853-1059
- Engineering Design Firm – Aurora Schaefer, ATKINS, Office: (813) 281-4455, Cell: (410) 703-1340
- After Hours Emergencies – Hillsborough County Public Utilities (813) 744-5600