The Kings Point Valve Installation & Replacement Project will replace old, failing valves and install several new valves at strategic locations throughout the Kings Point community. Once new valves are installed, crews will be able to efficiently isolate and repair problems with minimal water loss and minimal time wasted. The project also includes replacing 15 fire hydrants to improve fire protection.
What to Expect
- Construction will generally take place on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Maintaining access to homes will be a priority.
- Construction will be localized; only small areas will be disturbed. Construction will occur in or near the roadway, behind homes and in between homes.
- Residents should expect some temporary road or lane closures. All detours and closures will be clearly marked and flagmen will help direct traffic, if necessary.
- Multiple crews will be working simultaneously. It should only take one day to replace each valve, with final restoration to follow.
- During construction, it may be necessary to interrupt water service for short periods of time (less than 6 hours). First Service will provide advance notice of any outage so residents can plan accordingly.
Cost & Funding
The Kings Point Valve Installation & Replacement Project has been approved by the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners in the 2015 Capital Improvement Program. The project cost $2 million and is being funded by the Public Utilities Department.
Construction will begin in August 2018 and will take approximately five months to complete, depending on weather conditions.
- Project Manager - Flint Seth, Project Manager, Hillsborough County Public Utilities Department, 813-964-2708
- After Hours Emergencies - Hillsborough County Public Utilities Department, (813) 744-5600