Hillsborough County Public Utilities Department has completed the design of a wastewater collection system for the residents along Rocky Creek Drive. This project will allow residents to voluntarily connect to the new system and abandon their current septic tank and drainfield disposal system. The project also includes storm water drainage improvements at the West end of Rocky Creek Drive as identified by the Public Works Department. There is also a possibility of future expansion of wastewater service to South Lagoon Street and Troydale Road.
What to Expect
- Construction will generally occur on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. and will involve heavy equipment and excavation
- Maintaining access to homes is a priority
- The project team will work closely with local and state transportation authorities to keep residents moving safely
- Detours and lane closures will be clearly marked and flaggers will be directing traffic
- Hillsborough County will notify emergency services in advance of detours and lane closures
- The project team will work closely with the neighborhood and nearby schools to keep residents informed and involved
Cost & Funding
For this project, the County will pay for installation of the sewer pipeline along Rocky Creek Drive and pump station (to be located adjacent to the Home Depot) along with a connection point at each property line.
Residents will be responsible for the cost of connecting their home to the County’s system. Typically this cost includes installation of a new sewer line from the house to the street, abandonment of the septic system, permitting fees and payment of a one-time impact fee. Once connected to the system, you will be a Hillsborough County Public Utilities customer for wastewater service. Your monthly bill will be based upon total water usage from your City of Tampa water meter.
The project’s construction budget is being funded through the County’s Capital Improvement Program.
- Contract Bidding and Acceptance – Fall 2018
- Construction Start – Spring 2019
- Substantial Completion – Fall 2019
- Final Completion – End of 2019
- Project Manager – Brian J. Lewis, Hillsborough County Public Utilities (813) 612-7759
A list of all public meetings, past and future, concerning the project:
- Oct. 24, 2017
- Sept. 11, 2018 - Full meeting video