The project consists of extending Citrus Park Drive to connect Countryway Boulevard to Sheldon Road by adding a 2.73 mile section of four-lane, divided urban road. The corridor will have two 11-foot lanes, a 6-foot “buffered” bicycle lane, and sidewalks in both directions. New traffic signals will be installed at the new Fawn Ridge Boulevard intersection and at the entrance of Deer Park Elementary. Included in the project are landscaped medians, drainage improvements, pedestrian safety features, water and wastewater infrastructure, and an upgraded traffic signal system.
Connecting the two existing segments of Citrus Park Drive will accommodate future traffic demands in the northwest area of Hillsborough County, including the neighborhoods within and around Westchase and Citrus Park. This project provides pedestrian and bicycling connectivity to other neighborhoods, as well as the Upper Tampa Bay Trail and Deer Park Elementary School, and will alleviate traffic volumes on Linebaugh Avenue and South Mobley Road.
- Open House - September 10, 2018
- Public Meeting - September 10, 2019
- Project map
- Citrus Park Drive Extension Full Project
- Deer Park Elementary Entrance
- Deer Park Elementary Traffic Circulation
- Intersection of Countryway and Citrus Park Drive
- Intersection of Minaret Windsor Place and Citrus Park Drive
- Intersection Fawn Ridge and Citrus Park Drive
- Find detailed information on this project by using the CIP map viewer or project search tool