In adherence with Federal regulations, Hillsborough County's Office of the County Administrator will make reasonable efforts to ensure its programs, services and activities are meaningfully accessible to those who do not speak English proficiently. These efforts will include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying County employees who are fluent in languages in addition to English to act as translators whenever necessary.
- Utilizing Google's translator on all sites posted on the County website in order to allow individuals to translate information regarding County programs and services into their language of choice.
- To determine if or when alternate language usage is required for meaningful access, the County will assess the program, service or activity using the following four factors:
- The number or proportion of LEP persons eligible to be served or likely to be encountered by the county’s programs, services or activities.
- The frequency with which LEP individuals come in contact with these programs, services or activities.
- The nature and importance of the program, service, or activity to people’s lives.
- The resources available to the County and the costs.
Contact UsPersons requiring special language services should contact Hillsborough County's Communications Department:
601 E. Kennedy Ave., 21st Floor
Tampa, FL 33602
P: (813) 307-8377
F: (813) 276-5495
TTY or Relay number: 1-800-955-8771