A small number of Hillsborough County Public Utilities customers may have recently received an incorrect collections letter from our collection agency, RTR Financial Services, as a result of a technical issue within our customer billing system. The issue has been isolated and we are currently working to resolve the error. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused our customers.
If you have received a collection letter in error or have any concerns with your current account status, please contact our Customer Call Center at (813) 272-6680 for further clarification.
The Board of County Commissioners of Hillsborough County will conduct a public hearing on April 21, 2021 at 10 AM to consider amending the County's Rate Resolution governing the rates, fees and charges by which the County may charge its customers for potable water, wastewater and reclaimed water services. The changes to be considered will include authorization of an annual 4% increase on potable water, wastewater and reclaimed water rates applied each year for four consecutive years.
What we do
The Public Utilities team provides drinking water and wastewater treatment service to unincorporated Hillsborough County. The department manages four water treatment plants, five wastewater treatment plants, a bio-solids facility, and administrative and field support facilities.
Public Utilities services are provided through two groups: Water Resources and Environmental Management.
- Provides operation for water and wastewater treatment facilities
- Provides water quality control, maintenance, management, and engineering for water, wastewater, and reclaimed water infrastructure
- Provides planning, design, and construction of capital improvement program projects for water, wastewater, and reclaimed water
- Provides utility customer service and billing
- Maintains regulatory compliance for environmentally permitted, County-owned infrastructure
- Provides environmental sampling and laboratory testing for the water and wastewater systems
- Provides environmental community outreach and customer programs for water conservation, stormwater protection, and preventing wastewater system blockages from fats, oils, grease, wipes, and other unflushables
- Manages innovation and resiliency objectives for County operations and the Local Mitigation Strategy, a unified multi-jurisdictional mitigation planning process for Hillsborough County, providing coordination and partnership among governmental units, commercial enterprises (industry partners), and citizen groups
Frequently requested services and information
- Irrigation Calculator
- Find full service locations
- Pay or view water bill
- Convert well to County water
- Lien inquiries
- Reclaimed water information
- Start new water service
- Stop or transfer water service
- View water restrictions
- Water bill calculator
- Water quality reports
- Water rates and fees
Address: 925 E. Twiggs Street
Tampa, FL 33602
Water Resources Department Director: Beth Schinella
Environmental Management Division Director: Kevin Moran
Phone: (813) 272-5977