What we do
The Facilities Management Services department provides planning, design, construction, operation, maintenance, and energy management of Hillsborough County-owned facilities, as well as lease administration of County-owned facilities. The department also manages the County's real property by providing land acquisition and technical services for the County. Further, the department manages the County's Public Art Program and County parking facilities.
These services are provided through two groups: Facilities Management Services and Real Estate Services.
- Provides planning, design, construction, operation of Hillsborough County-owned facilities
- Manages County's public art program
- Manages the County's energy and sustainability projects
- Participates in involuntary acquisition of property interests in accordance with Florida’s Eminent Domain Statute (F.S. Chapter 73). This program supports our stormwater and transportation partner agencies.
- Manages the sale of county-owned surplus lands.
- Participates in development review processes reviewing property conveyances from developer to Hillsborough County.
- Manages requests to vacate the County’s real property interests. Advise applicants of processes related to vacating, monitors submissions and routes to various departments for review.
Frequently Requested Services
- Register as an artist in Hillsborough County
- Find County owned cemeteries
- Report a 'How's My Driving' concern
- EAM Service Portal
- Energy & Sustainability Projects
- Contact Sustainability
- Parking Downtown
- Public Art
- Surplus County Lands
- Vacate Right-of-Way
Solar Energy Loan Fund (SELF)
The Solar Energy Loan Fund (SELF) is a not-for-profit program that provides low-interest loans and a list of approved contractors for home improvement projects that improve energy efficiency, water conservation, and storm preparedness for qualifying Florida homeowners.