What we do
Risk Management & Safety maintains insurance programs to protect the County from unexpected loss and process claims from citizens.
Proof of Insurance Renewal
Read all the tips below before submitting your Certificate of Insurance to reduce delays in Certificate Processing:
- Fill out the Proof of Insurance Renewal form as completely as possible.
- You may not have an existing certificate number, but please make a note of the one that will be assigned once your documentation is approved, as this will be used for future renewals. This will be emailed to whoever you list as the primary business contact.
- If you are unsure about the start and end dates of a project or service, input the beginning and ending dates of the coverage on the Certificate (use the coverage with the earliest expiration date on the certificate as a guide) and choose "yes" for Ongoing.
- If you are not sure of the type of Project, choose other and type unknown in the box
- If you know the type of project, but do not see it listed as a choice, choose "Other" and type what the business does in the box.
- Please attach all applicable additional insured endorsement pages along with the most current Certificate of Insurance.
- You can click on the "attach proof of insurance" button at the bottom of the form multiple times to add all necessary documentation.
- If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently requested information
- Citizen's Claim Form for Property Damage or Injury (Online Submission)
- How to submit your certificate of insurance
- County Agencies: Submit a Claim/Incident report (Limited to County Agencies)
Address: County Center
601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602
Division Director: Brenda Cogdell
Phone: (813) 301-7052
Contact Email: ClaimMailbox@HCFLGOV.net