To sign up to speak, please fill out the online BOCC Redistricting Public Comment Signup Form. Provisions to submit written comments is provided for below. The Chairman will call on speakers by name. Prioritization is on a first-come first-served basis. The signup form closes at the start of the hearing (6 PM).
What does it mean if the meeting format says hybrid?The hybrid format allows for board members and select staff to meet in-person at a physical location, while those wishing to speak at the meeting can choose to do so virtually or in-person.
You can sign-up to speak virtually or in-person by using the link below until 6 PM on the day of the meeting. You may also sign up in-person on the day of the meeting in the lobby of the Frederick B. Karl County Center located at 601 E. Kennedy Blvd. in downtown Tampa. Assistance will be available on-site between 5:30 and 6 PM.
Speakers, both virtual and in-person, will be called on in the order of when the speaker sign-up form is submitted.
Procedures and Requirements
- Prioritization is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Up to 3 minutes are allowed for each speaker
- Audiovisual presentations such as Power Points, digital photos, audio, and video files for public comments are not accepted at this time. However, presentations may be submitted to the Clerk's Office for insertion into the official record. Please email any submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation email or submission screen that will have information on how to participate in the meeting
- Callers will be muted upon calling and will be unmuted in the submission order after being recognized by the Chair by name
- You must call into the conference with the same number that you provide on the form, so that staff can identify and associate your name with your number
- After submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation email or submission screen
- Boardroom, 2nd floor - Limited to the first 12 to sign up for this option. If the option is not available on the form, then all boardroom spots have been taken.
- Multi-purpose room, 1st floor - Only 12 people are permitted in the 1st floor multi-purpose room at any time. If the room is filled, please wait outside or in the lobby area.
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed in all areas
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged, though not required in all areas. CDC guidance strongly recommends that unvaccinated people and those with weakened immune systems continue to wear masks.
- Remaining people signed up to speak in person will wait in the lobby area to be called
- Only people signed up to speak will have access to the boardroom or multi-purpose room.
- Speakers will be asked to leave the BOCC boardroom and the multi-purpose room after sharing their comments.
- People not signed up to speak can view the meeting in the lobby.
Sign-up to Speak
Click the button below to sign-up to speak either virtually or in-person.
- The Board Chair will call on speakers by name in the order in which they have submitted the form
- The form will open 48-hours prior to the meeting and will remain open until 6 PM on the day of the meeting
- You must provide your name on the form, and virtual speakers also must provide a phone number on the form.If you want a confirmation sent to you, you will need to provide an email address.
Public hearing schedule
- Nov. 8 at 6 PM - First public hearing
- Nov. 16 at 6 PM - Second public hearing