To sign up to speak at the upcoming Hillsborough County Budget and Capital Improvement Program (CIP) hearings, please fill out the online signup form. Provisions to submit written comments is provided for below. The Chairman will call on speakers by name. Prioritization is on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign-ups for both virtual and in-person public speaking opportunities for the hearings closes at the posted start time of the hearing.
The Board Chairman will call on speakers by name.
Public hearing schedule
The BOCC will hold the following FY 2023 Budget public hearings:
- July 28, 2022 at 9 AM - Budget Reconciliation Public Hearing - (sign-up to speak opens on Tuesday, July 26 at 9 AM)
- Sept. 15, 2022 at 6 PM - first public hearing (sign-up to speak opens on Thursday, Sept. 13 at 6 PM)
- Sept. 22, 2022 at 6 PM - second public hearing (sign-up to speak opens on Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 6 PM)
- Sept. 22, 2022 at 6 PM - CIP public hearing (sign-up to speak opens on Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 6 PM - public comment will be after the budget hearing)
View the FY23 budget meetings and hearings agendas. Agendas are posted a few days prior to the meeting or hearing dates.
What does it mean if the meeting format says hybrid?The hybrid format allows for board members and select staff to meet in-person at a physical location, while those wishing to speak at the meeting can choose to do so virtually or in-person.
You can sign-up to speak virtually or in-person by using the link below until the posted start time on the day of the meeting. You may also sign up in-person on the day of the meeting in the lobby of the Frederick B. Karl County Center located at 601 E. Kennedy Blvd. in downtown Tampa. Assistance will be available on-site 30 minutes prior to the posted start time of the hearing.
Information for all speakers
- Prioritization is on a first-come first-served basis
- Up to three minutes are allowed for each speaker
- All speakers will be required to provide their name on the form. Virtual speakers also must provide a telephone number. Email addresses are suggested to receive a confirmation. This information is being requested to facilitate the public comment process.
Information for speaking Virtually
- If you are choosing to speak virtually, information on how to participate in the meeting will be emailed to the address provided in this form. All callers will be muted upon calling and will be unmuted in the submission order after being recognized by the Chair by name.
- If you do not receive an email with instructions for participation, please check your junk or spam folders associated with your email account
- Presentations may be submitted to the Clerk’s Office for insertion into the official record. Please mail any submissions to:
- You must call into the conference with the same number that you provided on the form below, so that staff can identify and associate your name with your number
Information for speaking In-Person
- Boardroom seating capacity is 85 visitors for public comment and viewing. If capacity is met, overflow will be accommodated in the first floor multipurpose room.
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged in the boardroom, though not required
- In person participation takes place at the Frederick B. Karl County Center located at 601 E. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602
- Audiovisual presentations are not accepted from those participating virtually. However, presentations may be submitted to the Clerk’s Office for insertion into the official record. Please email any submissions to:email@example.com
- Audiovisual presentations such as PowerPoints, digital photos, audio, and video files for public comments are only accepted for those who are participating in person
- Is speaking in-person and you want to share a presentation you must submit your material to Hillsborough Television (HTV) in advance
- PowerPoint presentations and video clips must be submitted forty-eight hours (48) prior to the start of the hearing (excluding weekend hours)
- Documents and photos that will be displayed on the overhead projector (ELMO) shall be submitted twenty-four hours (24) prior to the start of the hearing
- Visual materials include any items that are to be displayed through the audio/visual system. This includes, without limitation, photographs, audio and video presentations, charts, computer presentations, computer screen images, posters and flyers, whether in physical or electronic format.
- Send your presentation to HTVrequest@HCFLGov.net or call (813) 272-5314 to make arrangements
Sign-up to Speak
Click the button below to sign-up to speak either virtually or in-person.
- The Board Chair will call on speakers by name in the order in which they have submitted the form
- The form will open 48-hours prior to the meeting (not including holiday or weekends) and will remain open until the posted start time on the day of the hearing
- You must provide your name on the form, and virtual speakers also must provide a phone number on the form.If you want a confirmation sent to you, you will need to provide an email address.