The Board of County Commissioners sets aside 45 minutes at the beginning of Regular BOCC meetings to hear from the public. You may also speak at the Public Hearing scheduled for 10 a.m. To sign up to speak, complete the Public Comment Signup Form. The form is open for public sign-up 48 hours prior to the start of the meeting. Sign-ups for both virtual and in-person public speaking opportunities for public hearings and public comments close at 9 a.m. on the day of the meeting. The Board Chairman will call on speakers by name. At the discretion of the Chair, the Board may again hear Public Comments at the end of the meeting.
What does it mean if the meeting format says hybrid?
The hybrid format allows for board members and select staff to meet in-person at a physical location, while those wishing to speak at the meeting can choose to do so virtually or in-person.
You can sign-up to speak virtually or in-person by using the link below until 9 a.m. on the day of the meeting. You may also sign up in-person on the day of the meeting in the lobby of the Frederick B. Karl County Center located at 601 E. Kennedy Blvd. in downtown Tampa. Assistance will be available on-site between 8:30 a.m. and 9 a.m.
Speakers, both virtual and in-person, will be called on in the order of when the speaker sign-up form is submitted.
Procedures and Requirements
- Residents speaking on scheduled agenda items will be called before those speaking on non-scheduled agenda items
- Prioritization is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Up to 3 minutes are allowed for each speaker
- Audiovisual presentations such as Power Points, digital photos, audio, and video files for public comments are not accepted at this time. However, presentations may be submitted to the Clerk's Office for insertion into the official record. Please email any submissions to: email@example.com.
- After submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation email or submission screen that will have information on how to participate in the meeting
- Callers will be muted upon calling and will be unmuted in the submission order after being recognized by the Chair by name
- You must call into the conference with the same number that you provide on the form, so that staff can identify and associate your name with your number
- After submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation email or submission screen
- Boardroom, 2nd floor - Limited to the first 12 to sign up for this option. You must consent to wear a mask correctly (above the nose and under the chin) and practice social distancing guidelines at all times. If the option is not available on the form, then all boardroom spots have been taken.
- Multi-purpose room, 1st floor - Only 12 people are permitted in the 1st floor multi-purpose room at any time. If the room is filled, please wait outside or in the lobby area.
- Masks are required and social distancing guidelines will be followed in multi-purpose room, but visitors who cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition will be permitted.
- Remaining people signed up to speak in person will wait in the lobby area to be called and must wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines
- Only people signed up to speak will have access to the boardroom or multi-purpose room.
- Speakers will be asked to leave the BOCC boardroom and the multi-purpose room after sharing their comments.
- People not signed up to speak can view the meeting in the lobby.
Sign-up to Speak
Click the button below to sign-up to speak either virtually or in-person.
- The Board Chair will call on speakers by name in the order in which they have submitted the form
- The form will open 48-hours prior to the meeting and will remain open until 9 a.m. on the day of the meeting
- You must provide your name on the form, and virtual speakers also must provide a phone number on the form.If you want a confirmation sent to you, you will need to provide an email address.
- You can choose to speak on agenda items and/or off-agenda topics