Speak at a Hybrid / Virtual BOCC Land Use Meeting

Sign up to speak during the public portion of a hybrid Land Use Meeting

In response to the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency, the Board of County Commissioners Land Use Meetings are being held in a hybrid format allowing public input both virtually and in-person. To sign up to participate, complete the Public Comment Signup Form, providing your name, contact information, the agenda item you wish to speak on and indicate whether you would like to participate virtually or in-person. Should you opt to participate virtually in this meeting, you will be able to provide oral testimony, but you will be unable to submit documentary evidence.

Agenda Items

Please note, only agenda items listed as PRS (Minor Modifications), Development Agreements, Vacations of Rights of Way, Easements & Plats, Comprehensive Plan Amendments and DRI (Development of Regional Impact hearings) are public hearings open for all to participate. Anyone may sign up to provide testimony on these items.

For all other agenda items, only those persons who have qualified to speak to the Board of County Commissioners as a Party of Record pursuant to the Land Development Code will be permitted to speak during the meeting. Generally, this limits participation to those who have previously participated or submitted testimony for a specific agenda item as part of a Zoning Hearing Master (ZHM) meeting. For these agenda items, all evidence and testimony shall be limited to the Zoning Hearing Master hearing record. See Section 10.03.04, Land Development Code.

About the Hearing

Hybrid meetings being held in response to the COVID-19 pandemic may employ alternative formats and different procedures may be in place. As part of the hybrid format, virtual participation is encouraged as an equivalent to in-person participation. In order to participate virtually, you must have access to a communications media device (such as a tablet or a computer equipped with a camera and microphone) that will enable you to be seen (video) and heard (audio). If you wish to participate virtually, it is required that you complete a Public Comment Signup Form.

While virtual participation is encouraged, in-person participation is also available. Remember, the format and procedures for in-person participation may differ from a traditional hearing. If you wish to participate in person, you are encouraged to complete a Public Comment Signup Form in advance, however it is not required.

Documentary Evidence

Additionally, should you opt to participate virtually, you will be able to provide oral testimony to the Board of County Commissioners, but you will be unable to submit documentary evidence. Therefore, if you opt to participate virtually, you must submit any documentary evidence you wish to be considered by the Board of County Commissioners to the staff of the Development Services Department at least two business days prior to the Land Use Meeting. This only applies to Personal Appearance (PRS) and Development of Regional Impact (DRI) agenda items as the record for all other items is limited to the evidence provided at the previously held Zoning Hearing Master (ZHM) meeting.

How to submit documentary evidence

Evidence submitted prior to the hearing can be delivered as follows:

  1. Hand-delivered to County Center, 601 E. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602
  2. Mailed to P.O. Box 1110, Tampa, FL 33601
  3. Emailed by attaching testimony and/or evidence documents to Hearings@HCFLGov.net

All documentation must be submitted at least two (2) business days prior to the Land Use Meeting and must reference the application number.

Public Comments

Public comments offered using communications media technology will be afforded equal consideration as if the public comments were offered in person.

For questions or additional information related to providing public input, call (813) 307-4739.

Speaker signup forms open for submissions at least 48-hours before the start of each meeting and will close one hour prior to the meeting start time.

I want to speak at the Land Use Meeting

I want to submit a written public comment (I do NOT want to speak)