The Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) Land Use Meetings are being held in a hybrid format allowing the public to participate either virtually or in-person. Sign-up to speak by completing the Public Comment Signup Form, providing the following:
- Your name
- Contact information
- Agenda item you wish to speak on
- How you will participate - virtually or in-person
- Should you opt to participate virtually in this meeting, you will be able to provide oral testimony, but you will be unable to submit documentary evidence. See the Documentary Evidence section below for more information.
Only the following agenda items are open for anyone in the public to provide testimony:
- PRS (Minor Modifications)
- Development Agreements
- Vacations of Rights of Way
- Easements & Plats
- Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- DRI (Development of Regional Impact hearings)
About the Hearing
Hybrid meetings allow for virtual or in-person participation.
- You must have access to a device, such as a tablet or a computer equipped with a camera and microphone, that will allow you to be seen (video) and heard (audio)
- You must complete the Public Comment Signup Form
- You are encouraged to complete the Public Comment Signup Form in advance, however it is not required. You can sign-up on site on the day of the hearing and will be added to the speaker list.
- The format and procedures for in-person participation may differ from a traditional hearing
If you participate virtually, you will be able to provide oral testimony to the BOCC, but you will be unable to submit documentary evidence. For virtual participation, you must submit any documentary evidence you wish to be considered by the BOCC to the staff of the Development Services Department at least two business days prior to the Land Use Meeting.
This only applies to PRS and DRI agenda items as the record for all other items is limited to the evidence provided at the previously held ZHM meeting.
How to submit documentary evidence
Evidence submitted prior to the hearing can be delivered as follows:
- Hand-delivered to County Center, 601 E. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602
- Mailed to P.O. Box 1110, Tampa, FL 33601
- Emailed by attaching testimony and/or evidence documents to Hearings@HCFLGov.net
All documentation must be submitted at least two business days prior to the Land Use Meeting and must reference the application number.
- Public comments offered virtually will be given equal consideration as if they were offered in person
- For questions or additional information related to providing public input, call (813) 307-4739
- Speaker signup forms open for submissions at least 48-hours before the start of each meeting and will close 30 minutes prior to the meeting start time