The Zoning Hearing Master (ZHM) sets aside a total of 15 minutes each per side (applicant/witness and opposition) during a public hearing to hear from the public. To sign up to participate, complete the Public Comment Signup Form and indicate whether you would like to participate virtually or in-person. Please note that the 15 minutes is allocated to the public as a whole, so large groups may wish to designate a spokesperson.
The Zoning Hearing Master will call on speakers by name in the order in which they have submitted the online Public Comment Signup Form, depending on the application(s) to which each speaker signed up to speak. Call submissions for the public hearing will close 30 minutes prior to the start of the hearing.
About the Hearing
Hybrid hearings allow interested parties to participate virtually or in person.
- Virtual participation is considered equal to in-person participation
- Must have access to a device such as a tablet or a computer equipped with a camera and microphone that will enable you to be seen (video) and heard (audio) by the Zoning Hearing Master during the public hearing
- Must complete a Public Comment Signup Form
- You will be able to provide oral testimony to the Zoning Hearing Master, but you will be unable to submit documentary evidence during the public hearing. You must submit any documentary evidence you wish to be considered at least two business days prior to the Zoning Hearing Master. See the Testimony and evidence section below for further information.
- The format and procedures for in-person participation may differ from a traditional hearing
- Yu are encouraged to complete a Public Comment Signup Form in advance, however it is not required
Testimony and evidence
All interested parties wishing to submit testimony or other evidence for the record in this matter must submit such in at least one of the following manners:
- In writing to the office of the Zoning Administrator at least 14 days prior to the hearing in order to be given consideration in the preparation of Development Services Staff’s Final Report to the Zoning Hearing Master; or
- In writing to the office of the Zoning Administrator at least two business days prior to the hearing in order to be included as part of the record of that hearing; or
- Spoken or in writing* during the public hearing before the Zoning Hearing Master.
*Parties opting to participate virtually must submit any written or documentary evidence they would like to have considered via options (1) and (2) above
Testimony or evidence submitted prior to the hearing should be addressed to the attention of the Zoning Hearing Master and delivered as follows:
- Hand-delivered to County Center, 601 E. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602
- Mailed to P.O. Box 1110, Tampa, FL 33601
- Emailed by attaching testimony and/or evidence documents to Hearings@HCFLGov.net
All documentation submitted must reference the application number.
For questions or additional information related to providing public input, call (813) 307-4739.