Bell Creek Nature Preserve
Location and Hours
- Sunrise to Sunset
- Administrative Office
- 8 AM to 4 PM
- Administrative office temporarily closed, except for applying for free or discounted park passes
- Due to COVID-19, the Bell Creek Administrative office is closed. Although the inside of our office is closed to the public, you can still apply for free and discounted park passes at a table outside the front door. The nature preserve is open and available to the public.
- Credit card machine out of order
- The credit card machine at the Bell Creek Nature Preserve administrative office is temporarily out of order. To purchase park and boat ramp passes, please bring a check or cash (exact change only). For more information and updates, please call (813) 672-7876.
The Bell Creek Nature Preserve is a 477 acre Preserve located east of McMullen Road, south of Boyette Road in Riverview. This preserve was acquired to provide protection for natural plant communities and associated protected species, extend a greenway, preserve a wildlife corridor that was being lost to development, and provide numerous passive recreational opportunities.
The Preserve provides trails through different habitat areas with mature trees and a varied understory, as well as open areas dominated by grasses and herbaceous species. The trails are marked and signage clearly state that the Preserve is only open during daylight hours.
Bell Creek Preserve also serves as one of two administrative offices for the Conservation and Environmental Lands Management department.
Park and Boat Ramp Passes
You can purchase regularly priced park and boat ramp passes at the following administrative offices or conservation parks:
- Bell Creek Administrative Office
- Branchton Administrative Office
- Edward Medard Conservation Park
- E.G. Simmons Conservation Park
- Upper Tampa Bay Conservation Park
Free and discounted passes
We offer annual park and boat ramp passes for free or at a discount to eligible disabled veterans and active duty members or honorably discharged Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard or Reserves
- Free passes - Disabled Veterans
- 25 percent discount - Active duty members or honorably discharged Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard or Reserves
To receive a free or discounted pass, you must bring your required documentation to either our Branchton or Bell Creek administrative offices. Free and discounted passes are not available at the above listed conservation parks.
For more information about all of our passes and to find eligibility requirements visit our Conservation Parks and Boat Launch Passes page.
- Bird Watching
- Hiking Trail
- Pets Allowed