A majority of preserves and some parks are now open. Visit the Closures & Reopenings page for more info.
Location and Hours
The Blackwater Creek Nature Preserve was acquired from 1997 through 2003 by Hillsborough County through the Jan K. Platt Environmental Lands Acquisition and Protection Program (ELAPP) and Florida Communities Trust (FCT). This 2,200 acre preserve includes some of the finest remaining examples of long leaf pine dominated mesic pine flatwoods and blackwater streams, interspersed with hardwood hammocks, cypress domes, freshwater marshes, and wet prairies.
- There is no potable water, so please bring your own.
- Visitors only allowed to park at the designated location; access only allowed on the marked trails.
- Garbage must be carried out.
- Dogs must be on hand-held leashes.
- Unauthorized vehicles, motorcycles, ATV’s and bicycles are prohibited.
- Swimming, hunting, digging, fires and overnight camping is not allowed.
- All plants and animals are protected.
- Bird Watching
- Hiking Trail
- Walking Trails