Location and Hours
Fall/Winter: 7 AM - 6 PM
$2 per vehicle. Up to 8 people per vehicle. $5 boat launch fee. Camping and rentals access extra.
Originally called Pleasant Grove Park and Reservoir, Edward Medard Park underwent many transformations before it was donated to The Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD) in 1969 by a mining company. In 1972, Hillsborough County signed an agreement with the District to develop the site as one of the County’s largest regional parks.
Among its main attractions is a 700-acre reservoir used for canoeing, boating, and catch and release fishing. Also included is a 3-mile trail that offers equestrians, hikers, and bird watchers a pleasant trip through pine flatwoods and hardwood hammocks.
The park also has a disc golf course for those Frisbee enthusiasts who want to enhance their disc-throwing skills, while the beach volleyball court provides the players a scenic view of the sunset. Edward Medard Park also offers picnic shelters, a boardwalk, a playground for the kids, and an observation platform overlooking the reservoir.
Campers can stay overnight at one of the 42 first-come, first-serve campsites that accommodate both RV and tent camping, including two youth group sites. All campsites have a picnic table, electricity, a fire ring, and water. Public restrooms with showers and an RV dump station are also available.
RV/Trailer/Tent Campsite information
- 42 sites
- All offer 30 amp service, 14 also offer 50 amp service
- Sites range from 30 feet in length to 60 feet, with most between 32 - 55 feet
- Regular rate - $24 per night, up to 8 people with 1 RV/trailer or 2 tents
- Adult 55+ discount rate - $18 per night if your party includes an adult 55 or older (must be present for all nights)
- Adult 65+ and resident discount rate - $12 per night if your party includes an adult 65 or older and is also a resident of Hillsborough County (must be present for all nights)
Medard also offers youth group camping, which can accommodate groups as small as 12 to as large as 50. These sites have potable water, picnic tables and fire pits, but no electricity. To reserve youth group camping sites, you must provide proof you are with an organized youth group. The cost is $2 per night, per person.
- Barbecue Grills
- Bird Watching
- Boat Ramp
- Canoe Rentals
- Disc Golf
- Equestrian Trails
- Frisbee Golf
- Hiking Trail
- Pets Allowed
- Picnic Shelters
- Picnic Tables
- Walking Trails