E.G. Simmons Conservation Park
Location and Hours
- Spring/Summer: 8 AM to 7 PM
- Fall/Winter: 8 AM to 6 PM
$2 per vehicle. Up to 8 people per vehicle. $5 boat launch fee. Camping and rentals extra.
Ever since the mid-1960s, outdoor enthusiasts have been enamored by the natural beauty of E.G. Simmons Regional Park, which is located eighteen miles south of Tampa and three miles north of Ruskin on Tampa Bay.
Developed from 258 acres of native mangroves with open land areas and intertwined with waterways, the park also includes 200 acres of mangrove swamp that has been especially reserved for a bird and wildlife sanctuary, where bird watchers can gaze at endangered species, such as the Roseate Spoonbill and the Bald Eagle.
Visitors can also take a leisurely walk along the 700 foot of beach along Tampa Bay, play a few rounds of volleyball, fish on the pier and waterbank, or rent a kayak along a waterway for a tranquil boat trip. Children can enjoy the park’s two playgrounds.
Park and Boat Ramp Passes
You can purchase regularly priced park and boat ramp passes at the following administrative offices or conservation parks:
- Bell Creek Administrative Office
- Branchton Administrative Office
- Edward Medard Conservation Park
- E.G. Simmons Conservation Park
- Upper Tampa Bay Conservation Park
Free and discounted passes
We offer annual park and boat ramp passes for free or at a discount to eligible disabled veterans and active duty members or honorably discharged Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard or Reserves
- Free passes - Disabled Veterans
- 25 percent discount - Active duty members or honorably discharged Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard or Reserves
To receive a free or discounted pass, you must bring your required documentation to either our Branchton or Bell Creek administrative offices. Free and discounted passes are not available at the above listed conservation parks.
For more information about all of our passes and to find eligibility requirements visit our Conservation Parks and Boat Launch Passes page.
kayaks can be rented on site at the park's entry station. See other locations.
Rentals & Fees
- Local rental (one park) for up to four hours: $25
- Hourly fee for each additional hour: $10
*Fees include tax
You can set up camp at one of the 103 sites; all of which have electricity, potable water, picnic tables, and fire pits. Campers also have access to the park’s public restrooms, hot and cold shower houses, and two RV dump stations.
- 110 campsites
- 2 primitive sites (no electricity)
- All sites offer 30 amp service
- 62 sites offer 50 amp service
- site sizes range from 35'-160' in length
- Regular rate - $24 per night, up to 8 people with 1 RV/trailer or 2 tents
- Adult 55+ discount rate - $18 per night if your party includes an adult 55 or older (must be present for all nights)
- Adult 65+ and resident discount rate - $12 per night if your party includes an adult 65 or older and is also a resident of Hillsborough County (must be present for all nights)
- Barbecue Grills
- Boat Ramp
- Picnic Shelters
- Swimming Area