E.G. Simmons Conservation Park
Location and Hours
Fall/Winter: 7 AM to 6 PM
$2 per vehicle. Up to 8 people per vehicle. $5 boat launch fee. Camping and rentals extra.
Ever since the mid-1960s, outdoor enthusiasts have been enamored by the natural beauty of E.G. Simmons Regional Park, which is located eighteen miles south of Tampa and three miles north of Ruskin on Tampa Bay.
Developed from 258 acres of native mangroves with open land areas and intertwined with waterways, the park also includes 200 acres of mangrove swamp that has been especially reserved for a bird and wildlife sanctuary, where bird watchers can gaze at endangered species, such as the Roseate Spoonbill and the Bald Eagle.
Visitors can also take a leisurely walk along the 700 foot of beach along Tampa Bay, play a few rounds of volleyball, fish on the pier and waterbank, or rent a kayak along a waterway for a tranquil boat trip. Children can enjoy the park’s two playgrounds.
You can set up camp at one of the 103 sites; all of which have electricity, potable water, picnic tables, and fire pits. Campers also have access to the park’s public restrooms, hot and cold shower houses, and two RV dump stations.
- 103 campsites
- All sites offer 30 amp service, 55 sites also offer 50 amp service
- 99 sites are 30 feet or longer, 4 sites are under 30 feet
- Regular rate - $24 per night, up to 8 people with 1 RV/trailer or 2 tents
- Adult 55+ discount rate - $18 per night if your party includes an adult 55 or older (must be present for all nights)
- Adult 65+ and resident discount rate - $12 per night if your party includes an adult 65 or older and is also a resident of Hillsborough County (must be present for all nights)
- Barbecue Grills
- Boat Ramp
- Canoe Rentals
- Picnic Shelters
- Swimming Area