Location and Hours
Sunrise to Sunset
The FishHawk Creek Preserve is a 3,286-acre site located in southeastern Hillsborough County. The preserve is located along the riparian corridor of FishHawk Creek, a significant tributary of the Alafia River. As a result, the acquisition and protection of the Fish Hawk Creek Nature Preserve has provided an essential link in assuring the long-term protection of a significant regional habitat corridor. While you may see the preserve's name sake, the osprey (also known colloquially as a fish hawk), there are also many opportunities to see an array of wildlife on the preserve.
The preserve is bisected by FishHawk Blvd., and is identified by a north section and a south section.
- The north portion is adjacent to Lithia Springs Conservation Park, includes two pavilions with picnic tables, and a trailhead for over 3 miles of hiking trails on the preserve
- *Parking for the north preserve is located at 3931 Lithia Springs Road and can only be accessed by entering Lithia Springs Conservation Park. There is a $2 fee per vehicle to enter Ltihia Springs Park.
- The south portion has parking at 16640 Boyette Rd. and includes pavilions with picnic tables, a basketball court, and a trailhead. Part of this portion is closed for restoration.
- Parking for FishHawk Creek Preserve South is free
Hiking Safety Guidelines
Always be prepared when hiking on nature preserves:
- Bring plenty of water
- Download the map
- Tell someone your plan
- Wear proper shoes and sun protection
- Stay on marked trails
- During the rainy season, many trails will have standing water.
- If you think you are lost, call us at (813) 672-7876
- In case of an emergency, call 911
- Bird Watching
- Hiking Trail
- Pets Allowed
- Picnic Tables