FishHawk Creek Preserve South
Location and Hours
The FishHawk Creek Preserve is an approximately 1,550 acre site located in Southeastern Hillsborough County. The Preserve is located along the riparian corridor of FishHawk Creek, a significant tributary of the Alafia River. As a result, the acquisition and protection of the Fish Hawk Creek Preserve has provided an essential link in assuring the long-term protection of a significant regional habitat corridor. The preserve is bisected by FishHawk Blvd., and is identified by a north section and a south section. The south portion of the Preserve has a basketball court, 2 pavilions, and a trail head for over 6 miles of hiking trails on the preserve. While you may see the preserves name sake, the osprey also known commonly as a Fish Hawk, there are many opportunities to view an array of wildlife on the preserve.
- The preserve is bisected by FishHawk Blvd., and is identified by a north section and a south section.
- The north portion is adjacent to Lithia Springs Conservation Park, includes two pavilions with picnic tables, and a trailhead for over 3 miles of hiking trails on the preserve. Parking is 3931 Lithia Springs Road
- The south portion has parking at 16640 Boyette Rd. and includes pavilions with picnic tables, a basketball court, and a trailhead. Part of this portion is closed for restoration.
Hiking Safety Guidelines
Always be prepared when hiking on nature preserves:
- Bring plenty of water
- Download the map
- Tell someone your plan
- Wear proper shoes and sun protection
- Stay on marked trails
- During the rainy season, many trails will have standing water.
- If you think you are lost, call us at (813) 672-7876
- In case of an emergency, call 911
- Basketball Court
- Bird Watching
- Hiking Trail
- Pets Allowed
- Picnic Tables