Lithia Springs Conservation Park
A majority of preserves and some parks are now open. Visit the Closures & Reopenings page for more info.
Location and Hours
Fall/Winter: 8 AM - 6 PM
*The swimming area is currently closed
Swimming: $2 per person (Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult)
Swimming and camping updates, canoe & kayak launch temporarily closed
Due to COVID-19, note the following for Lithia Springs
- Swimming areas closed
- Recreational camping limited to 50 percent capacity
- The rest of the park is open, however some amenities may not be available
Due to high water levels caused by recent rains, the canoe and kayak launch is temporarily closed, and will re-open once the water recedes.
For more information and updates, please call the park office at (813) 744-5572.
Well-known for its natural spring which flows year-round, cool, clean water into the Alafia River, the Lithia Springs Park was originally purchased by Gardinier, Inc., a mining company that soon became Mosaic Phosphate, Inc. When the company leased the park to Hillsborough County as a recreational area in 1957, the 160-acre site slowly became a popular camping spot.
After setting up camp, hikers can explore the woodsy trails and its diverse plant communities, river cypress swamps, and hardwood hammocks. But it is the natural spring that serves as the park’s major attraction, which---courtesy of the water’s 72 degree temperature---provides an excellent swimming experience all year long. In addition to swimming, visitors can fish and play volleyball. There are also a benches and picnic tables near the playground for the parents to rest and chat, while their kids can play at the park.
The park’s 45 camping sites---most are suitable for RVs---include water/shower and electrical services. The campers also have access to picnic shelters and tables, restrooms, and fire pits. There are no reservations for these sites; everything is done on a first-come, first-serve basis.
RV/Trailer/Tent Campsite information
- 45 campsites (2 serve as host sites)
- All sites offer 30 amp service, 15 sites also offer 50 amp service
- Sites range from 14 feet. in length to over 100 feet, with most sites between 40 - 80 feet
- Regular rate - $24 per night, up to 8 people with 1 RV/trailer or 2 tents
- Adult 55+ discount rate - $18 per night if your party includes an adult 55 or older (must be present for all nights)
- Adult 65+ and resident discount rate - $12 per night if your party includes an adult 65 or older and is also a resident of Hillsborough County (must be present for all nights)
Lithia also offers camping for non-profit, 501(c) youth groups, which can accommodate groups as small as 12 to as large as 50. These sites have potable water, picnic tables and fire pits, but no electricity. To reserve youth group camping sites, you must provide proof you are with an organized youth group. The cost is $2 per night, per person.
Park rules to know:
- Picnic shelters are not rented for the months April - September.
- All shelters, tables and grills and parking spaces are first come first serve
- Due to the high demand of the swimming area and current conditions maximum capacity is reached on weekends
- No rain checks / refunds
- Barbecue Grills
- Bird Watching
- Hiking Trail
- Picnic Shelters
- Portable Restrooms
- Public Parking
- Swimming Area
- Walking Trails