Lithia Springs Conservation Park
Location and Hours
Fall/Winter: 8 AM - 6 PM
*The swimming area opens at 9 AM every day and closes one-hour before the park. Swimming bands stop being sold at 5 PM daily.
Swimming: $2 per person (Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult)
Well-known for its natural spring which flows year-round, cool, clean water into the Alafia River, the Lithia Springs Park was originally purchased by Gardinier, Inc., a mining company that soon became Mosaic Phosphate, Inc. When the company leased the park to Hillsborough County as a recreational area in 1957, the 160-acre site slowly became a popular camping spot.
After setting up camp, hikers can explore the woodsy trails and its diverse plant communities, river cypress swamps, and hardwood hammocks. But it is the natural spring that serves as the park’s major attraction, which---courtesy of the water’s 72 degree temperature---provides an excellent swimming experience all year long. In addition to swimming, visitors can fish and play volleyball. There is also a bath house for the parents to rest and chat, while their kids can play at the park’s playground.
The park’s 45 camping sites---most are suitable for RVs---include water/shower and electrical services. The campers also have access to picnic shelters and tables, restrooms, and barbecue grills. There are no reservations for these sites; everything is done on a first-come, first-serve basis.
RV/Trailer/Tent Campsite information
- 45 campsites (2 serve as host sites)
- All offer 30 amp service, 15 also offer 50 amp service
- Sites range from 14 feet. in length to over 100 feet, with most sites between 40 - 80 feet
- Regular rate - $24 per night, up to 8 people with 1 RV/trailer or 2 tents
- Adult 55+ discount rate - $18 per night if your party includes an adult 55 or older (must be present for all nights)
- Adult 65+ and resident discount rate - $12 per night if your party includes an adult 65 or older and is also a resident of Hillsborough County (must be present for all nights)
Lithia also offers youth group camping, which can accommodate groups as small as 12 to as large as 50. These sites have potable water, picnic tables and fire pits, but no electricity. To reserve youth group camping sites, you must provide proof you are with an organized youth group. The cost is $2 per night, per person.
Park rules to know:
- Picnic shelters are not rented for the months April - September.
- All shelters, tables and grills and parking spaces are first come first serve
- Due to the high demand of the swimming area and current conditions maximum capacity is reached on weekends
- No rain checks / refunds
- Barbecue Grills
- Bird Watching
- Hiking Trail
- Picnic Shelters
- Portable Restrooms
- Public Parking
- Swimming Area
- Walking Trails