Northwest County Solid Waste Facility
Location and Hours
8001 W. Linebaugh Ave.
Tampa, FL 33625
General Facility/Yard & Wood Waste
- Monday - Saturday
- 7:30 AM to 5 PM
What's located here:
- A Community Collection Center (CCC) for the disposal of non-collectible items by residential customers
- A solid waste Transfer Station, primarily used for commercial haulers
- Yard and wood waste disposal*
- Cooking Oil Recycling Effort (C.O.R.E.) drop-off site
*See the hours section above for drop-off days and times
Items accepted here:
- Rechargeable batteries (individual bagging required)
- Lead-acid batteries (Auto, marine, motorcycle, etc.)
- Appliances and bulk items
- General trash
- Yard and wood waste
- Grass clippings
- Tree trimmings
- Shrub trimmings
- Untreated wood
Know before you go:
- Photo ID and Tax assessment are required (No ID required for general recyclables; photo ID only for paint and electronics)
- The Transfer Stations are primarily used by commercial hauling companies. The facilities may also be used by self-hauling customers as long as they have completed the necessary paperwork. Request a waste profile by emailing PUD-SpecialWaste@HCFLGov.net with your contact information and a description of your waste or by calling (813) 272-5680. Commercial tipping fees apply.
- Residential customers are limited to delivering 10 cubic yards of solid waste material to community collection centers per year, as part of their annual assessment, which is equivalent to the material that can be put into a vehicle pulling a double-axle trailer or a loaded box/straight truck. (For comparison, a loaded pickup truck generally only carries about two cubic yards.)
- Once the 10 cubic yard limit per year has been reached, residents will be required to deliver their solid waste material to the Southeast County Landfill or one of the County’s Solid Waste Transfer Stations and pay standard commercial disposal charges, also called tipping fees
- Residents may also dispose of up to 12 tires per year as part of their annual assessment. Tires in excess of 12 per year are required to be delivered to the Southeast County Landfill where residents will pay the tipping fee for tire processing.
- No dump trailers are allowed at the CCC's
Vehicles accessing the Northwest County CCC are limited to a total length of 35 feet.
- If you are not the property owner but are authorized to deliver residential solid waste on behalf of the property owner, please present an acceptable Disposal Access and Folio Use Authorization Form to the on-site CCC Attendant