Town 'N Country Nature Preserve
A majority of preserves and some parks are now open. Visit the COVID-19 Closures & Reopenings page for more info.
Location and Hours
Sunrise to Sunset
The Town N' Country Nature Preserve is located in the Town N' Country area north of Alonso High School. This preserve is home to pine flatwoods, freshwater marshes, and hardwood swamps.
Locations and information
- Parking for day use hiking in the preserve is at the Memorial Trailhead of the Upper Tampa Bay Trail, 7499 Montague Street in Tampa
- The Memorial Trailhead is south of the school, not directly in front of the preserve gate, and there is a $2 fee to park there
- Horse trailer parking for the Upper Tampa Bay Trail is at Channel Park, 9201 W. Waters Ave. in Tampa
- We do not provide horseback riding rentals; you must bring your own horse
- There is a walk-through entrance at 8304 Montague Street from the Upper Tampa Bay Trail to a one-mile hiking spur
- Equestrian Trails
- Hiking Trail