Veterans Resource Center
A majority of preserves and some parks are now open. Visit the COVID-19 Closures & Reopenings page for more info.
Location and Hours
The Veteran's Resource Center (VRC) is the department’s headquarters and is located on the grounds of the Veterans Memorial Park & Museum. The building was opened on December 7, 2017 (Pearl Harbor Day), a $1.9 million state and county-funded project serving our county's large Veteran population.
This one-stop shop showcases the teamwork of local, state, and federal partners dedicated to serving those who served. Veterans enjoy the assistance of accredited service officers from both Hillsborough County and the Florida Division of Veteran Affairs, as well as VA Healthcare Enrollment from James A. Haley VA Hospital.
- Free assistance for all Veterans, their dependents, and survivors in accessing federal, state, and local benefits
- Connection to outside agencies for military members and families seeking assistance
- Information, outreach, and support for Veterans in assisted-living facilities, nursing homes, private residences, and private businesses
- Learn about Veterans activities in the County and happenings at Veterans Memorial Park and Museum
In addition to what's offered for Veterans, the VRC also also offers Consumer Protection Services where you can:
- schedule a class or inquire about program presentations for your group or organization
- file a complaint against a business involved in unfair or deceptive business practices
- learn about cybercrime, ID theft, tips on buying a car, Florida's Landlord Tenant Law, and preventing victimization
- learn about and report unfair wages or wage theft