Veterans Resource Center
Location and Hours
Monday - Friday: 8 AM to 4:30 PM
Select Office Locations Open
Due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns, the Rear Admiral Leroy Collins, Jr, Veterans Museum and the Pauls Drive/Brandon location for Consumer & Veteran Services both remain closed.
Consumer & Veteran Services staff are available by phone at (813) 635-8316, Monday - Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM.
Offices open for in-person services
- Veteran Resource Center (Tampa) - Monday - Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM
- South Shore (Ruskin) - Monday - Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM
- VA So-Hi Clinic in Riverview - Monday and Wednesday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM
- James A. Haley VA, Primary Care Annex/Charlie Clinic in Tampa - Tuesday and Thursday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM
The Veteran's Resource Center (VRC) is the department’s headquarters and is located on the grounds of the Veterans Memorial Park & Museum. The building was opened on December 7, 2017 (Pearl Harbor Day), a $1.9 million state and county-funded project serving our county's large Veteran population.
This one-stop shop showcases the teamwork of local, state, and federal partners dedicated to serving those who served. Veterans enjoy the assistance of accredited service officers from both Hillsborough County and the Florida Division of Veteran Affairs, as well as VA Healthcare Enrollment from James A. Haley VA Hospital.
- Free assistance for all Veterans, their dependents, and survivors in accessing federal, state, and local benefits
- Connection to outside agencies for military members and families seeking assistance
- Information, outreach, and support for Veterans in assisted-living facilities, nursing homes, private residences, and private businesses
- Learn about Veterans activities in the County and happenings at Veterans Memorial Park and Museum
In addition to what's offered for Veterans, the VRC also also offers Consumer Protection Services where you can:
- schedule a class or inquire about program presentations for your group or organization
- file a complaint against a business involved in unfair or deceptive business practices
- learn about cybercrime, ID theft, tips on buying a car, Florida's Landlord Tenant Law, and preventing victimization
- learn about and report unfair wages or wage theft
American Flag Retirement
Residents wishing to properly dispose of worn American flags may drop off items for retirement during regular business hours, 8 AM to 4:30 PM Monday - Friday, at the following locations:
- Veteran Resource Center on the grounds of Veterans Memorial Park, 3602 U.S. 301 N., building #3610 in Tampa
- On the first floor lobby of County Center, 600 E. Kennedy Blvd. in downtown Tampa