Wimauma Solid Waste Facility
Location and Hours
Monday - Saturday 7:30 AM to 5 PM
Community Collection Center is closing early at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, December 6th due to annual staff training.
Note, Wimauma Facility is only a Community Collection Center, so the whole site will be closing early at 3PM 12/6.
What's located here:
- A community collection center for the disposal of non-trash collectible items by residential customers
- Recycling drop-off
Items accepted here:
- Appliances and bulk items
- American flags - Drop off your flag with a facility attendant for proper ceremonial disposal with local organizations such as the American Legion or VFW.
- Accepted recyclable items
Know before you go:
- Photo ID showing the residential address of the property owner and a printed or digital copy of your current tax assessment are required (No ID required for general recyclables; photo ID only for paint and electronics)
- Residential customers are limited to delivering 10 cubic yards of solid waste material to community collection centers per year, as part of their annual assessment, which is equivalent to the material that can be put into a vehicle pulling a double-axle trailer or a loaded box/straight truck. (For comparison, a loaded pickup truck generally only carries about two cubic yards.)
- Once the 10 cubic yard limit per year has been reached, residents will be required to deliver their solid waste material to the Southeast County Landfill or one of the County’s Solid Waste Transfer Stations and pay standard commercial disposal charges, also called tipping fees
- Residents may also dispose of up to 12 tires per year as part of their annual assessment. Tires in excess of 12 per year are required to be delivered to the Southeast County Landfill where residents will pay the tipping fee for tire processing.
- No self-tipping or automated dumping is allowed at the CCC's, all materials must be hand unloaded.
- Vehicles accessing the Northwest County CCC are limited to a total length of 35 feet.