Posted January 3, 2019 | 10:33 AM
Prescribed Burn - Jan. 3, 2019
The Hillsborough County Conservation and Environmental Lands Management Department will be conducting multiple prescribed burns on January 3, 2019.
- Brooker Creek Headwaters Preserve (BCHP) - 18102 Ramblewood Rd, Lutz 33558
- Lower Green Swamp Preserve (LGS) - 3130 E Knights Griffin Road, Plant City
- Duration: One day
- Purpose of burn: Ecological site restoration and maintenance
- Contact Information: Conservation and Environmental Lands Management - Department, Bell Creek Office: (813) 672-7876
- Media contact: Todd Pratt, Media Relations Strategist, p: (813) 276-2409, c: (813) 373-1023
- Closures: The hiking trails at Brooker Creek Headwaters will remain open, but may be temporarily closed at times during the burn. The Green hiking trail at Lower Green Swamp may be temporarily closed during the burn.