Posted January 9, 2019 | 9:00 AM
Prescribed Burn - Jan. 9, 2019
The Hillsborough County Conservation and Environmental Lands Management Department will be conducting prescribed burn at multiple locations on Jan. 9, 2019.
- Locations: Balm-Boyette Scrub Preserve (BBS) - 13998 Balm-Boyette Rd, Lithia, FL 33547
Little Manatee River Preserve (LMR) - 6317 SR 674, Wimauma, FL 33598
Lake Dan Preserve (LDP) - 19116 Huckavalle Dr, Odessa, FL 33556
- Duration: One day
- Purpose of burn: Ecological site restoration and maintenance.
- Contact Information: Conservation and Environmental Lands Management - Department, Bell Creek Office: (813) 672-7876. Florida Forest Service, Lakeland Dispatch: 863-940-6701
- Media contact: Todd Pratt, Media Relations Strategist, p: (813) 276-2409, c: (813) 373-1023
- Closures: The horse trails at Lake Dan Preserve will remain open, but may be temporarily closed at times during the burn. The mountain bike trails at Balm-Boyette Scrub will remain open. No public access trails will be impacted at Little Manatee River Preserve. enter any closures or notes