Popular LibCon is the End Game at Two Hillsborough Libraries this Saturday
Hillsborough County, Fla. (May 10, 2019) - The popular Tampa Bay LibCon returns for a fourth year this Saturday, May 11, with action-packed schedules at two Tampa-Hillsborough County public libraries.
The free, family-friendly events will take place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Jimmie B. Keel Regional Library, 2902 W. Bearss Ave. in northwest Hillsborough County, and the SouthShore Regional Library, 15816 Beth Shields Way in Ruskin. Tampa Bay LibCon 2019 will feature comic book artists and writers, best-selling fiction authors, cosplay contests, tabletop gaming, kids' crafts, face painting, and more.
Among the many activities at Jimmie B. Keel Regional Library, the schedule includes:
- A 2 p.m. presentation on "Understanding the Fundamentals of Drawing" by storyboard artist and illustrator Edward Lilley
- Demonstrations by the Middleton High School robotics team
- At 4 p.m., a cosplay contest for kids, and another for teens and adults
- Going with a group? Challenges await in the Mario-themed Escape Room.
At SouthShore Regional Library:
- Street chalk art demo and contest from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- At 11 a.m., a hands-on cartooning workshop with artist Tim Gibbons, whose works inspired by early Mayan and Aztec art have been displayed at venues across the Tampa Bay area
- A children's costume parade at 12:30 p.m. Participants can strut their stuff in front of the cameras on the red carpet and around the library. All participants will receive a custom LibCon medal.
- At 1 p.m., learn cosplay tips and techniques for sewing costumes, prop making, creating original characters, getting into character, taking the perfect photo, and using your cosplay talents for charity. Panel guests include PikaBelleChu, Jackie Sonnenberg, Blue Crystal Cosplay, Emazing Studios, and Costumers with a Cause.
- A cosplay contest for teens and adults kicks off at 4 p.m., with a first-place prize of two passes to this summer's METROCON at the Tampa Convention Center.
For a complete schedule of events, visit HCPLC.org/LibCon, or call (813) 273-3652.