Hillsborough County Offices and Facilities to Close for Memorial Day
Hillsborough County, Fla. (May 21, 2019) - Most Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, May 27, in observance of Memorial Day.
There will be no solid waste collection (including garbage, recyclables, and yard waste) in the unincorporated Hillsborough County Service Area, which also includes Tampa Palms, Hunter's Green, and New Tampa. For customers whose collection day falls on Monday, normal service will resume on the next scheduled day for pickup of those items.
Hillsborough County facilities that will be CLOSED on Memorial Day include:
- The administrative offices of County government
- The Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County transfer stations, Resource Recovery Facility, community collection centers, and yard waste processing facilities
- All libraries in the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
- All County recreation centers and skate parks
- The Pet Resource Center is closed on Mondays. A limited number of Animal Safety and Enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies only. Submit a request via the Animal Request button at HCFLGov.net/AtYourService.
- Hillsborough County's Customer Service Center
- The Center for Development Services
- All Social Services Community Resource Centers, County-operated Head Start/Early Head Start Centers, and senior centers and nutrition sites
- The Sunshine Line transportation service
- The Public Utilities department customer service centers in Northdale and Brandon. Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be made to (813) 744-5600.
The following Hillsborough County facilities will be OPEN on Memorial Day:
- All conservation parks
- Hillsborough County Consumer & Veterans Services and the Veterans Council of Hillsborough County will host the County's 22nd annual Memorial Day weekend observance on Sunday, May 26. The event is at 10 a.m. at Veterans Memorial Park and LeRoy Collins, Jr. Veterans Museum, 3602 U.S. Highway 301 N. in Tampa. Admission to the park and museum is free.
- Hillsborough County recreation centers and skate parks will also be closed on Thursday, June 6, for staff training in preparation for summer camp programs.