Hillsborough County Offices and Facilities to Close for Independence Day
Hillsborough County, Fla. (June 28, 2019) - Hillsborough County offices and most facilities will be closed Thursday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day.
Conservation parks will be open.
There will be no solid waste collection (including garbage, recyclables, and yard waste) in the unincorporated Hillsborough County Service Area, which also includes Tampa Palms, Hunter's Green, and New Tampa. For customers whose collection day falls on Thursday, normal service will resume on the next scheduled day for pickup of those items.
Hillsborough County facilities that will be CLOSED on July 4 include:
- The administrative offices of County government and all call centers
- The Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County transfer stations, Resource Recovery Facility, community collection centers, and yard waste processing facilities
- All libraries in the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
- All County recreation centers and skate parks
- The Pet Resource Center. A limited number of Animal Safety and Enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies only. Submit a request via the Animal Request button at HCFLGov.net/AtYourService.
- Hillsborough County's Customer Service Center
- The Center for Development Services
- All Social Services Community Resource Centers, County-operated Head Start/Early Head Start Centers, and Senior Centers and nutrition sites
- The Sunshine Line transportation service
- The Public Utilities Department customer service centers in Northdale and Brandon. Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be made to (813) 744-5600.