Hillsborough County Invites Residents to Talk Trash
Hillsborough County, Fla. (July 11, 2019) - Hillsborough County wants to know how residential solid waste customers use their garbage, recycling, and yard waste services.
The County contracts with three private companies to provide collection services to approximately 290,000 households in unincorporated Hillsborough and New Tampa. With the contracts expiring next year, Hillsborough County Solid Waste Management is seeking feedback from customers to help shape how services may be offered in the future.
In addition to how customers use the services, Solid Waste Management also wants to know their opinions on potential service changes being evaluated, including garbage collection frequency and curbside bulk pickup.
There are two easy ways to participate:
Online - Through July 29, complete a short customer survey at SurveyMonkey.com/r/SWCustomerSurvey.
In person - Meet one-on-one with Solid Waste staff at one of the following community hours events between 4:30 and 7:30 p.m.
- July 15 - Seffner-Mango Library, 410 N. Kingsway Road in Seffner
- July 17 - New Tampa Library, 10001 Cross Creek Blvd. in Tampa
- July 18 - Jimmie B. Keel Library, 2902 W. Bearss Ave. in Tampa
- July 22 - SouthShore Library, 15816 Beth Shields Way in Ruskin
- July 23 - Town 'N Country Library, 7606 Paula Drive in Tampa
- July 25 - Emanuel P. Johnson Recreation Center, 5855 S. 78th St. in Tampa
Questions about the community hours events may be directed to Citizen Engagement at (813) 272-5275. Para información, llamar al (813) 272-5275. For individuals who require hearing or speech assistance, please call 711. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons with disabilities who need an accommodation to participate, such as large print or an interpreter, should contact Hillsborough County Customer Service & Support at (813) 272-5900 or TTY Relay: 711 no later than 48 hours prior to the events.