Mosquito Management Spraying by Air the Evening of July 18 in Apollo Beach, Upper Tampa Bay Park
Hillsborough County, Fla. (July 17, 2019) -- Following recent heavy rains, Hillsborough County Mosquito Management will treat areas along the Hillsborough County coastline in Apollo Beach and Upper Tampa Bay Park on Thursday, July 18, between 8:30 p.m. and 2 a.m. by air.
North Boundary: Big Bend Road
South Boundary: East College Avenue
East Boundary: U.S. 41
West Boundary: Tampa Bay (body of water)
Upper Tampa Bay Park
North Boundary: West Hillsborough Avenue
South Boundary: Old Tampa Bay (body of water)
East Boundary: Veterans Expressway
West Boundary: Racetrack Road
The mission will be done by a twin engine airplane at an altitude of 300 feet.
For more information on this spraying, contact Hillsborough County Mosquito Management at (813) 635-5400.
Stop Mosquitoes from Living and Multiplying Around Your Home
Residents may have standing water around their homes that can support the breeding of mosquitoes. Follow these tips from the Florida Department of Health to help prevent mosquito breeding:
- Drain water from garbage cans, house gutters, pool covers, coolers, toys, flower pots, buckets, watering cans, kiddie pools, and any other containers where rainwater has collected.
- Discard old tires, drums, bottles, cans, pots and pans, broken appliances, and other items that may collect water.
- Clean out rain gutters and downspouts regularly.
- Empty and clean birdbaths and pet water bowls at least once or twice a week.
- Protect boats and vehicles from rain with tarps that do not accumulate water.
- Keep swimming pools in good condition, and maintain chlorination.
For more information on the Hillsborough County Mosquito Management and tips on preventing or reducing mosquitoes, visit HCFLGov.net/Mosquito.