Mosquito Management Spraying by Air the Evening of Nov. 4
Hillsborough County, Fla. (October 31, 2019) -- Hillsborough County Mosquito Management will be conducting aerial applications of Vectobac WDG to control larval mosquitoes on Nov. 4, 2019 between 9 p.m. and 2 a.m. at the following location:West Tampa
North Boundary: Columbus Drive
South Boundary: I-275
East Boundary: North Howard Avenue
West Boundary: North Himes Avenue
The mission will be flown by a Mosquito Control Helicopter at an altitude of 100 feet.
First Alternate spray date: Nov. 5, 2019
Second Alternate spray date: Nov. 6, 2019
For more information on this spraying, contact Hillsborough County Mosquito Management at (813) 635-5400.
Stop Mosquitoes from Living and Multiplying Around Your Home
Residents may have standing water around their homes that can support the breeding of mosquitoes. Follow these tips from the Florida Department of Health to help prevent mosquito breeding:
- Drain water from garbage cans, house gutters, pool covers, coolers, toys, flower pots, buckets, watering cans, kiddie pools, and any other containers where rainwater has collected.
- Discard old tires, drums, bottles, cans, pots and pans, broken appliances, and other items that may collect water.
- Clean out rain gutters and downspouts regularly.
- Empty and clean birdbaths and pet water bowls at least once or twice a week.
- Protect boats and vehicles from rain with tarps that do not accumulate water.
- Keep swimming pools in good condition, and maintain chlorination.
For more information on the Hillsborough County Mosquito Management and tips on preventing or reducing mosquitoes, visit HCFLGov.net/Mosquito.