Hillsborough County Offices and Most Facilities to Close for Veterans Day
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Nov. 5, 2019) - Hillsborough County offices and most facilities will be closed on Monday, Nov. 11, in observance of Veterans Day.
Collection of garbage, recyclables, and yard waste will continue on a normal Monday schedule in the unincorporated Hillsborough County Solid Waste service area. The service area includes Tampa Palms, Hunter's Green, and New Tampa. All disposal facilities will be open. That includes the Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County transfer stations, Resource Recovery Facility, community collection centers, and yard waste processing facilities.
All conservation parks will be open, including the Veterans Memorial Park and Rear Admiral LeRoy Collins, Jr., Veterans Museum, 3602 U.S. Highway 301 N. in Tampa. Hillsborough County Consumer & Veterans Services and the Veterans Council of Hillsborough County will host the county's 55th Annual Veterans Day Tribute at the park at 10 a.m. All are invited to attend.
Hillsborough County facilities that will be CLOSED on Veterans Day include:
- The administrative offices of County government and all call centers
- All libraries in the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
- All County recreation centers and skate parks
- The Pet Resource Center is closed on Mondays. A limited number of Animal Safety and Enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies only. Submit a request via the Animal Request button at HCFLGov.net/AtYourService.
- Hillsborough County's Customer Service Center
- The Center for Development Services
- All Social Services Community Resource Centers, County-operated Head Start/Early Head Start Centers, and Senior Centers and nutrition sites
- The Sunshine Line transportation service
- The Public Utilities Department customer service centers in Northdale and Brandon. Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be made to (813) 744-5600.