Grant Program Helps Grow and Support Special Events
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Jan. 7, 2020) - Nonprofit organizers of events focused on fine arts, historic, natural/recreational, culinary, lifestyle, or creative industries have until Jan. 31 to apply for up to $100,000 in matching Special Events Partnership Grants (SEPG) from Hillsborough County.
The Cultural Assets Commission is accepting applications to grow and support special events that encourage placemaking and community-building outcomes aligned with the County's economic and community prosperity goals. Events supported by this program should communicate the authentic County story, activate public spaces, and enrich the lives of residents.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be legally incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation, with a designated tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) of the United States Internal Revenue Code
- Be able to obtain all permits
Eligible projects must:
- Be a one-day event, a multi-day event occurring on consecutive days, or a related series of events over an extended period of time
- Be inclusive (no limits on who may purchase tickets or attend)
- Take place in Hillsborough County
- Be held in a publicly-visible location
- Not already receiving Hillsborough County funding through certain County programs.
Examples of eligible events include art, film, music, and local food festivals; river celebration events; celebration of local authors; and local community historic events. Examples of ineligible events include trade shows, conventions, conferences, workshops, and classes; annual lunches, galas, conferences, and holiday parties; class or family reunions; sporting events; block parties; beauty pageants; events organized around political or religious purposes; and festivals or events based solely on alcohol, drugs, or sexually oriented content.
The application period for this funding cycle ends Jan. 31, 2020. Eligible events must occur between April 1, 2020 and September 30, 2020.
Full information on the grant program, guidelines, and applications are available at HCFLGov.net/SEPG.