Hillsborough County Offices and Most Facilities to Close for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Jan. 15, 2020) - Most Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, Jan. 20, in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. federal holiday.
Collection of garbage, recyclables, and yard waste will continue on a normal Monday schedule in the unincorporated Hillsborough County Solid Waste Service Area. The service area includes Tampa Palms, Hunter's Green, and New Tampa. All disposal facilities also will be open.
Hillsborough County facilities that will be CLOSED on Martin Luther King Jr. Day include:
- The administrative offices of County government and all call centers
- All libraries in the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
- All County recreation centers
- The Pet Resource Center is always closed on Mondays. A limited number of Animal Safety and Enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies only. Submit a request via the Animal
- Request button at HCFLGov.net/AtYourService.
- Hillsborough County's Customer Service Center
- The Center for Development Services
- All Social Services Community Resource Centers, County-operated Head Start/Early Head Start Centers, and Senior Centers and nutrition sites
- The Sunshine Line transportation service
- The Public Utilities department customer service centers in Northdale and Brandon. Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be directed to (813) 744-5600.
The following Hillsborough County facilities will be OPEN on Martin Luther King Jr. Day:
- All conservation parks
- All skate parks
- The Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County transfer stations, Resource Recovery Facility, community collection centers, and yard waste processing facilities.