Hillsborough County Facilities, Services Closures for Memorial Day
(NOTE: Please see this special Memorial Day message from Hillsborough County Administrator Mike Merrill.)
Hillsborough County, Fla. (May 22, 2020) - Most Hillsborough County facilities will be closed on Monday, May 25, in observance of Memorial Day.
The County's Customer Service Center, at (813) 272-5900, remains open 24/7 for general questions related to COVID-19; however, requests for testing will not be taken on Memorial Day. COVID-19 testing reservations will resume at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, May 26.
There will be no solid waste collection (including garbage, recyclables, and yard waste) in the unincorporated Hillsborough County Service Area, which also includes Tampa Palms, Hunter's Green, and New Tampa. For customers whose collection day falls on Monday, normal service will resume on the next scheduled day for pickup of those items.
Other functions and services that will not be available on Memorial Day include:
- The administrative functions of County government and all call centers
- The Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County transfer stations, Resource Recovery Facility, community collection centers, and yard waste processing facilities
- The Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative customer service phone center, and all library bookdrops
- Development Services functions
- The Sunshine Line transportation service
- The Pet Resource Center is always closed on Mondays. A limited number of Animal Safety and Enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies only. Submit a request via the Animal Request button at HCFLGov.net/AtYourService.
- The Public Utilities department customer service center drive-thru in Brandon. Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be made to (813) 744-5600.
- Veterans Memorial Park and LeRoy Collins, Jr. Veterans Museum remain closed in step with the County's COVID-19 response. This year's Memorial Day weekend observance has been canceled.
Dog parks and some conservation parks, nature preserves, trails, and boat ramps will be open on Memorial Day. For a complete list, visit the Current Closures & Reopenings link at HCFLGov.net/StaySafe.