New Number to Call for Coronavirus Testing in Hillsborough
Hillsborough County, Fla. (June 23, 2020) - Hillsborough County has a new toll-free line dedicated for COVID-19 coronavirus testing only, a move that should alleviate wait times and reduce dropped calls. The new number to call to make an appointment at any of the County's seven testing sites is (888) 513-6321. Call center hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. The change to the new number is effective immediately.
Unprecedented call volume has recently increased wait times for callers. Hillsborough County has added more staff to handle calls, and the new toll-free number is expected to alleviate technical issues and problems with dropped calls.
Residents can undergo testing at one of seven locations. The County also offers in-home testing for homebound residents or residents without access to transportation.
Appointments are required for the free testing. No doctor's referral is needed, and insurance is not required.
Testing sites include the following:
- Lee Davis Community Resource Center, 3402 N. 22nd St., Tampa
- Plant City Community Resource Center, 307 N. Michigan Ave., Plant City
- SouthShore Community Resource Center, 201 14th Ave. SE, Ruskin
- Suncoast Community Health Centers, 313 S. Lakewood Drive, Brandon
- Raymond James Stadium, 4201 N. Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa
- Redeemer Lutheran Church, 701 Valley Forge Blvd., Sun City Center
- Wimauma Opportunity Center, 5128 SR 674
Get Connected. Stay Alert.
For more information on COVID-19, and any other potential emergency in the county visit HCFLGov.net/StaySafe and sign up for the HCFL Alert system. Additionally, you can follow Hillsborough County on social media at Facebook, Twitter, and Nextdoor for updates. For general County information, call (813) 272-5900, the County's main information line.