Mosquito Spraying by Air the Evening of Thursday, July 16
Hillsborough County, Fla. (July 15, 2020) -- Hillsborough County Mosquito Management will conduct aerial applications of Dibrom to control adult mosquitoes on Thursday, July 16, 2020, between 8:28 p.m. and 6 a.m. at the following locations:
North Boundary: County Line Road
South Boundary: Van Dyke Road
East Boundary: Angel Lane/Ramblewood Road
West Boundary: Crawley Road
South Keystone/North Citrus Park
North Boundary: Van Dyke Road
South Boundary: South Mobley Road
East Boundary: Vanderbilt Road
West Boundary: Northlake Village Drive
The mission will be flown by a twin-engine airplane at an altitude of 300 feet.
First alternate spray date: July 17, 2020
Second alternate spray date: July 18, 2020
For more information on this spraying, contact Hillsborough County Mosquito Management at (813) 635-5400.
Stop Mosquitoes from Living and Multiplying Around Your Home
Residents may have standing water around their homes that can support the breeding of mosquitoes. Follow these tips from the Florida Department of Healthto help prevent mosquito breeding:
- Drain water from garbage cans, house gutters, pool covers, coolers, toys, flower pots, buckets, watering cans, kiddie pools, and any other container where rainwater has collected.
- Discard old tires, drums, bottles, cans, pots and pans, broken appliances, and other items that may collect water.
- Clean out rain gutters and downspouts regularly.
- Empty and clean birdbaths and pet water bowls at least once or twice a week.
- Protect boats and vehicles from rain with tarps that do not accumulate water.
- Keep swimming pools in good condition, and maintain chlorination.
For more information on Hillsborough County Mosquito Management and tips on preventing or reducing mosquitoes, visit HCFLGov.net/Mosquito.