Hillsborough County's R3 Program for Small Businesses Now Available For "Larger" Small Businesses
Hillsborough County, Fla. (July 24, 2020) - After helping small businesses in economically disadvantaged areas during Phase 1 and small businesses countywide during Phase 2, Hillsborough County's Rapid Response Recovery Program (R3) program enters Phase 3 on July 27.
This new Phase will expand the R3 program to "larger" small businesses by increasing the qualifying revenue caps for all programs under the program. This means that small businesses with up to $20 million in revenue who were impacted by the economic disruption caused by COVID-19 are now eligible to apply for financial assistance.
Hillsborough County small businesses in a wide variety of industries have redesigned their spaces and even redefined their business models to survive the pandemic, and the County is offering financial relief to help business owners who are restarting and retooling their businesses.
Business owners across Hillsborough County (including Tampa, Temple Terrace, and Plant City) may apply for one of three programs beginning on Monday:
- For businesses with up to $3 million in annual revenue: Kickstart Small Business program for up to $10,000 in working capital
- For businesses with up to $20 million in annual revenue and:
- hired or rehired workers since May 1, 2020 - Back to Work for up to $2,000 per employee in payroll incentives
- made coronavirus safety improvements since March 1, 2020 - Safe at Work Matching for up to $10,000 matching reimbursement for the cost of qualifying workplace improvements directly related to mitigating the spread of COVID-19
The County used three phased application periods in order to give a head start to the smallest, most economically vulnerable businesses in the community. Full Access for applications opens July 27 for Hillsborough County small businesses:
- With between $40,000 and $20 million in annual revenue
- Forced to close by government orders/deemed non-essential OR economically damaged by the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic
- Located anywhere in Hillsborough County, including the cities of Tampa, Temple Terrace and Plant City
Applications will be accepted through Dec. 1, 2020 or until funding is exhausted.
Business owners can learn more about the programs, including which one is best for their business, by attending a one-hour virtual presentation with a live question-and-answer session in English or Spanish.
Businesses may only receive one Economic Recovery financial assistance program, even if they may otherwise qualify for more than one program. Professional business consultants are available at no cost to assist small businesses in deciding which financial assistance program is right for their individual business needs. Contact Entrepreneur Services or call (813) 204-9267 to request a virtual or phone appointment.
Additional information on all the programs is available HCFLGov.net/R3Biz or by calling the Hillsborough County Economic Recovery Financial Assistance Support Line at (888) 393-7509.