Special Events Grant Program Accepting Funding Applications through Sept 25
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Sept. 4, 2020) - Nonprofit organizers of events focused on fine arts, historic, natural/recreational, culinary, lifestyle, or creative industries have until Sept. 25 to apply for up to $100,000 in matching Special Events Partnership Grants (SEPG) from Hillsborough County.
The Cultural Assets Commission is accepting applications to grow and support special events that encourage placemaking and community-building outcomes aligned with the County's economic and community prosperity goals. Events supported by this program should communicate the authentic County story, activate public spaces, and enrich the lives of residents.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be legally incorporated as a nonprofit tax-exempt, charitable organization under one of the following sections of the United States Internal Revenue Code: 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), or 501(c)(6)
- Be able to obtain all permits
Eligible projects must:
- Be a one-day event, a multi-day event occurring on consecutive days, or a related series of events over an extended period
- Be inclusive (no limits on who may purchase tickets or attend)
- Take place in Hillsborough County
- Be held in a publicly visible location
- Not already receive Hillsborough County funding through certain County programs.
Examples of eligible events include art, film, music, and local food festivals; river celebration events; celebration of local authors; and local community historic events. Examples of ineligible events include trade shows, conventions, conferences, workshops, and classes; annual lunches, galas, conferences, and holiday parties; class or family reunions; sporting events; block parties; beauty pageants; events organized around political or religious purposes; and festivals or events based solely on alcohol, drugs, or sexually oriented content.
The application period for this funding cycle ends at 5 p.m. on Sept. 25, 2020. Eligible events must occur between Nov. 13, 2020 and September 30, 2021.
Full information on the grant program, guidelines, and applications are available at HCFLGov.net/SEPG.