Hillsborough County Mosquito Management Spraying by Air the Evening of Friday, Sept. 11
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Sept. 10, 2020) -- Hillsborough County Mosquito Management will conduct aerial applications of Dibrom to control adult mosquitoes on Friday, Sept. 11, 2020, between 7:40 p.m. and 6 a.m. at the following locations:
North Boundary: I-4
South Boundary: Park Road
East Boundary: Green Way Drive
West Boundary: Plant Avenue
North Boundary: Knights Griffin Road
South Boundary: I-4
East Boundary: Milton West Road
West Boundary: Darlene Drive
Sun City Center/Balm/Wimauma
North Boundary: Brentwood Drive/Bill Tucker Road
South Boundary: Oakley Green Drive/Bishop Road
East Boundary: Edina Street
West Boundary: I-75
The mission will be flown by a twin-engine airplane at an altitude of 300 feet.
First alternate spray date: Sept. 12, 2020
Second alternate spray date: Sept. 13, 2020
For more information on this spraying, contact Hillsborough County Mosquito Management at (813) 635-5400.
Stop Mosquitoes from Living and Multiplying Around Your Home
Residents may have standing water around their homes that can support the breeding of mosquitoes. Follow these tips from the Florida Department of Health to help prevent mosquito breeding:
- Drain water from garbage cans, house gutters, pool covers, coolers, toys, flower pots, buckets, watering cans, kiddie pools, and any other container where rainwater has collected.
- Discard old tires, drums, bottles, cans, pots and pans, broken appliances, and other items that may collect water.
- Clean out rain gutters and downspouts regularly.
- Empty and clean birdbaths and pet water bowls at least once or twice a week.
- Protect boats and vehicles from rain with tarps that do not accumulate water.
- Keep swimming pools in good condition, and maintain chlorination.
For more information on Hillsborough County Mosquito Management and tips on preventing or reducing mosquitoes, visit HCFLGov.net/Mosquito.